Your favorite BLT got even better with the addition of avocado and “roasted” tomatoes!
**This post is sponsored by Dave’s Killer Bread. All opinions are mine.
With it being Sunday and a heat wave of 100+ temperatures in southern California, our dinner menu becomes slightly limited. I certainly don’t want to cook or bake or even grill today and have chosen as part of my religious commitment to not eat out on Sundays. That’s where an amazing sandwich comes in and this roasted tomato BLAT is amazing. With any good sandwich you need to start with a really good bread, I made this roasted tomato BLAT with Dave’s Killer Seeded Honey Wheat Bread.
Dave’s Killer Breads are all organic and loaded with nutritious grains and seeds. I really liked the crunch and heartiness of the seeded honey wheat along with it delicious flavor. I knew, I just knew this honey wheat bread would provide exactly what I needed to make our roasted tomato BLAT stand out.
Have you been wondering what the extra A is in my BL-T? It stands for avocado! And that’s just another ingredient to add to the deliciousness of these sandwiches!
Another great thing about Dave’s Killer Bread is that they are all about creating lasting change. They want to create change for the bread industry, but also for their employees. One out of three of their employees is a convicted felon, and through their enrichment program they are helping their employees to learn skills to enhance their lives after incarceration. Another great thing this company does, every year they donate more than 200,000 loaves of bread to different food shelters and other organizations. Who wouldn’t want to stand by a company with such great values?
Roasted Tomato BLT
- 4 slices seeded honey wheat bread *
- 4 slices crispy cooked bacon
- 1 avocado (divided and sliced thin)
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup roasted tomatoes**
- 2 to 3 leaves lettuce
- 1/4 cup hummus
- In a small bowl, mix your hummus and 1/4 of your avocado - smashing all together and mixing well
- Toast your bread lightly or to your desire amount of toasting
- Spread 1/4 of the hummus/avocado mixture on each slice of toast
- On two pieces of your toast layer with 1 leaf of lettuce, 1/2 of your roasted tomatoes, 2 slices of bacon, and 1/2 of the left avocado
- Top with your last piece of toast
- Cut in half and serve with your favorite sandwich sides for a complete meal
Enjoy this special BLAT sandwich on some delicious Dave’s Killer Bread!
I think you might like these too: