A delicious salad with grilled shrimp and citrus dressing perfect for a meal or a nice side salad.
Tuesday was Valentine’s Day. Around the Garrett home sometimes it is a big deal and sometimes it is just an ordinary day. Yesterday was closer to the later but with this grilled shrimp citrus salad for two I tried to make it somewhere in between. It is a salad but I believe a step above your ordinary salad. Let me tell you what brought this creation together.
Last week I went to lunch with a good friend at the Garden Center here in Fallbrook. The Garden Center is known for their amazing salad and sandwiches. It is the place for lunch. On their menu was a grilled shrimp citrus salad, delicious! I kept thinking about it and wondering it I could recreate something a tiny bit close. The next few events that happened where Craig and I had a lunch date with family on Saturday, wedding reception on Saturday, dessert bar galore at a church function Saturday night, and a potluck dinner on Monday night. Then I had a potluck lunch on Tuesday.
Are you picturing a little overeating, stuffing ourselves for a few days? It was determined that a salad was in order for Tuesday after all this fare. Add all these event together and the Ellen Garrett grilled shrimp, fruit, lettuce salad with citrus dressing came about or more simply put grilled shrimp salad for two.
Grilled Shrimp Citrus Salad
Grilled Shrimp Salad
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce (torn into bite size pieces)
- 1 cup fresh spinach (torn into bite size pieces)
- 4 strawberries (cleaned and quartered)
- 2 pineapple rings (cut into tidbit size)
- 1/2 cup cranraisins
- 1/8 red onion (sliced and quartered)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1 TBS Old Bay Seasoning (to taste)
- 10 - 15 small shrimp (deveined and tails removed)
- 1/4 cup orange juice (fresh squeezed)
- 1 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 2 TBS sugar
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp sesame oil
- 1 TBS red wine vinegar
- 2 TBS rice wine vinegar
- 3//4 cup canola oil
Grilled Shrimp Salad
- Sprinkle your shrimp with Old Bay Seasoning
- Grill or saute shrimp for about 3 minutes until shrimp is cooked through
- In a salad bowl place your lettuce
- Mix in all your ingredients
- Serve with citrus dressing
- Prepare dressing by mixing the first 7 ingredients in a blender. Mix until all is blended well.
- Slowly pour oil in while blending until oil is well combined. Do this by pouring oil in the top of the blender very slowly either by cracking the lid slightly or removing the pour top piece. Be careful because it can splatter while mixing.
- Store in fridge until ready to use
Six Sisters Stuff says
We love when you guys link up! This week your salad looks AMAZING!!! Thanks for sharing it at Six Sister’s Link Party! We hope to see you again next week!