A simple to make treat with snickerdoodle cookies and ice cream together in a snickerdoodle ice cream sandwich – the hard part is waiting for everything to harden in the freezer.
Last week I made a fresh batch of snickerdoodle cookies, although I would’ve been perfectly happy eating all the delicious cookies as is. I also had some extra vanilla ice cream in the freezer and I decided, how good would some snickerdoodle ice cream sandwiches be?
You can use whatever flavor of ice cream you have, though I loved ours with the simple vanilla, I think a cinnamon ice cream would be really great too. And would just enhance that sweet cinnamon flavor from the cookies a little more.
But the good thing about these treats is they are simple to make, especially if you already have snickerdoodles and ice cream on hand. The bad thing is you have to wait for the cookies to freeze together with the ice cream for a couple hours, and sometimes you want your dessert right now! But, its worth the wait.
Snickerdoodle Ice Cream Sandwiches
- snickerdoodle cookie dough
- vanilla ice cream (about 1/4 cup per 2 cookies)
- Cook snickerdoodle dough up into cookies. Do NOT over bake them, you want them to be soft, err on the underbaking side.
- Allow cookies to cool completely.
- Scoop about 1/4 cup vanilla ice cream onto the underside of 1 cookie. Top with a second cookie.
- Squish ice cream down a little.
- Wrap with plastic wrap and place in freezer for 2 hours or longer till frozen.
Enjoy these delicious cold cinnamon cookie treats!