These spinach lasagna roll ups are stuffed full of a Parmesan ricotta cheese and spinach mixture, rolled up with lasagna noodles, and topped with marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese for a delicious 30 minute dinner!
Have I told you that my dad went on a religious mission for our church to southern Italy for two years when he was younger? I think this is why I love Italian inspired food so much! I mean, pizza, pasta, alfredo sauce, marinara sauce, carbonara – I love it all! Including these amazing spinach lasagna roll ups!
These lasagna roll ups are similar to my chicken alfredo roll ups with a similar filling, but instead of chicken I used chopped spinach. And of course instead of alfredo sauce I used marinara sauce. I used Ragu Marinara Sauce because it is so delicious and makes this recipe super easy! These roll ups are a great vegetarian dinner that everyone will love (they do contain 1 egg).
Even though I grew up eating traditional lasagna, I’ve fallen in love with lasagna roll ups! Instead of spending time layering the cheese mixture, noodles and sauce I can just roll the mixture up in lasagna noodles and the baking takes much less time too. Another great thing about roll ups is they are already perfectly portioned – even if you decide to eat two, instead of one.
Spinach Lasagna Roll Ups
- 10-12 lasagna noodles
- 2 cups Ragu Marinara Sauce (divided)
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 TBS italian seasoning
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese (divided)
- 2 cups chopped baby spinach
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook your lasagna noodles according to package directions.
- Mix together your ricotta, Parmesan, egg, Italian seasoning, and 1 cup of mozzarella cheese. Mix in your spinach.
- Spread 1 cup of your marinara sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
- Put 1/4 cup of your ricotta cheese mixture on each lasagna noodle and roll up the noodle.
- Put rolled noodle into your prepared pan. Repeat with additional mixture and noodles.
- Spread remaining marinara sauce over the top of your roll ups.
- Top with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake pan in the oven for 15 minutes.
If you like these lasagna roll ups, I think you’ll like these too: