Use this homemade teriyaki sauce on your next stir fry meal for a delicious dinner of steak and veggie stir fry rice bowl.
I made this delicious Steak and Veggie Stir Fry Rice Bowl with homemade Teriyaki Sauce thanks to SPLENDA® Sweeteners as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars. All opinions are my own.#SplendaSweeties #SweetSwaps
With the holiday season I find myself eating waayy too many sweets and that means lots of calories. Now don’t get me wrong, I love my fudge, toffee and cookies this time of year, but to help balance it out a little bit I try to eat healthier in other ways, like my savory dinner dishes. Along comes this homemade teriyaki sauce with SPLENDA® Sweeteners, which was the perfect addition to my steak and veggie stir fry rice bowl.
SPLENDA® Sweeteners is a great alternative with the sweetness of sugar without all the calories of sugar. It can be used in baking, making beverages, or in cooking delicious savory dishes like this stir fry bowl!
Steak and Veggie Stir Fry Rice Bowl with Teriyaki Sauce with Splenda®
- 1/4 cup and 2 TBS SPLENDA® Sweeteners
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic (minced)
- 12 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 TBS water (divided)
- 1 TBS cornstarch
Steak and Veggie Stir Fry Rice Bowl
- 2 TBS vegetable oil
- 4 cups broccoli heads (chopped)
- 2 cups snow peas
- 2 large bell peppers (sliced)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 lb flank steak (sliced thin)
- 2 cups cooked rice
- teriyaki sauce
- Combine your Splenda®Sweeteners, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger, black pepper and 2 TBS water in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Stir occasionally until sugar dissolves.
- Mix together your 1 TBS cornstarch and 1 TBS of water and add to your sauce.
- Bring your sauce to a simmer, stirring often to thicken to desired consistency.
Steak and Veggie Stir Fry Bowl
- In a large frying pan, add vegetable oil
- Fry flank steak until cooked through out; remove and set aside for later
- Add water to pan, bring to a boil
- Add vegetables to pan and cook until tender
- Return steak to frying pan and warm
- Drizzle with teriyaki sauce
- Serve over rice, add more teriyaki sauce as desired