Sweet fruity crumb bars made with jam and a little creativity. So easy and so yummy.
**I made these Strawberry Jam Crumb Bars with free product I received and I was compensated for this post by Smucker’s as part of the Mom it Forward Blogger Network. All opinions are my own.
Winter seems to last for so long here in Utah. Some years it starts as early as October and goes through March or April. Nate and I have tried to find some hobbies and things to do during the long winter days to get us out of the house and forgetting our winter woes. We can only watch so much tv, and play so many video games before getting tired of being stuck inside! A couple of our solutions have been to go ice fishing and snow shoeing – just being able to feel a little bit of the sunshine has helped make this winter a lot better.
Another thing about winter is we can’t enjoy all the fresh fruits and vegetables that summer time brings. I especially miss having our own garden and being able to go outside and pick some fresh tomatoes and jalapenos and make cilantro, or biting into a juicy peach from our tree. We try to find substitutions for our favorite fruits in the winter and end up eating lots of oranges, bananas, and apples.
Smucker’s has some new Natural Fruit Spreads that are made with all natural ingredients, real sugar, no preservatives and are a great way to enjoy the delicious flavors or fresh fruit in the winter Smucker’s Natural Fruit Spreads< come in four different delicious flavors; Strawberry, Red Raspberry, Orange Marmalade and Concord Grape.
I made these Strawberry Jam Crumb bars with Smucker’s Natural Strawberry Fruit Spread. The bars tasted so fresh. The strawberry spread taste just like if I was making some delicious fresh jam with strawberries from my own garden.These bars would taste great with any of Jam flavors
Strawberry Jam Crumb Bars
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup 2 sticks butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup Smucker's Strawberry Fruit Spread
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine your sugars, flour, oats. baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in your butter, egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Press 2/3 of your dough mixture into the bottom of a 9x13 baking pan sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Spread Strawberry Fruit Spread evenly over the dough.
- Take remaining dough and crumble it into pieces as you drop pieces over the top of your strawberry spread.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for about 40 minutes until top turns golden.
- Allow to cool before cutting into pieces and serving. (Because it will be messy if you serve when hot. But it tastes great served warm!)
Enjoy these sweet fruity bars any time of the year as a reminder of summer!