These sweet chili veggie roll ups are the perfect snack! With a quick homemade sweet chili sauce, cream cheese, julienned vegetables and a tortilla all rolled up together.
**I made this delicious sweet chili veggie wraps recipe using SPLENDA® Sweeteners as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars #SplendaSweeties #SweetSwaps. All opinions are my own.
This weekend it wasn’t quite time for dinner, but I was getting a little hungry around 2:00 and so I decided to make a healthy snack for Nate and I. These sweet chili veggie roll ups were the perfect thing! With a quick homemade sweet chili sauce, cream cheese, julienned vegetables and a tortilla all rolled up it was the perfect snack for us.
To keep it lighter and lower in calories I used SPLENDA® Sweetener in my sweet chili sauce instead of sugar and fat free cream cheese and lots of fresh vegetables! SPLENDA® Sweeteners provides the same sweetness that sugar would add to my sauce, without all the calories! The sweet chili sauce is a bit spicy, but if you like hot then feel free to add more red pepper flakes.
So I spread fat free cream cheese all over the top of a large tortilla, then a little bit of the sweet chili sauce, then line it up full of lots of your sliced vegetables. I used red and yellow bell pepper, cucumber and carrots.
Sweet Chili Sauce
- 3 TBS rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup +1 TBS (5 TBS water)
- 3/4 cup SPLENDA® Sweetener
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 3/4 TBS minced garlic
- 1 TBS cold water
- 1 TBS cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp salt
Vegetables of Choice (use your favorite)
- sweet peppers
- green onion
- sugar sweet peas
Veggie Roll Ups
- cream cheese
- Put your rice vinegar, water and SPLENDA® Sweetener in a small sauce pan over medium high heat.
- Once your mixture is boiling, add your pepper flakes and minced garlic. Lower the temperature to medium low, so your mixture is just simmering and let it simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Mix your cold water and cornstarch in a small bowl.
- Add your cornstarch mixture and salt into your sauce and stir the sauce till it reaches your desired consistency. (It will thicken a little more when cooling)
- Allow to cool completely.
- Use your favorite vegetables, especially crunchy ones
- Julienne all your vegetables as best as possible
Sweet Chili Veggie Roll Ups
- Spread your cream cheese over the top of your tortilla
- Spread your sweet chili sauce down the middle of your tortilla
- Spread out your vegetables over your tortilla
- Roll up your tortilla
- Slice into 4 to 6 pieces. Eat and enjoy.
SPLENDA® Sweeteners are versatile and can be used in this great snack recipe, or baking, cooking and beverage mixing. For other great recipes swapping out SPLENDA® Sweeteners for sugar visit the Splenda Sweet Swaps website. Or be sure to visit Splenda on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.