Enjoy this delicious fruit and Greek yogurt pairing of a tropical fruit parfait for a tasty snack or breakfast!
**I made these Tropical Dole Fruit Parfaits with free product and I was compensated for this post by Dole as part of the Mom it Forward Blogger Network. All opinions are my own.
Now that I’m a mom it seems I spend more time taking care of my little one than myself. In fact yesterday I didn’t get out of my pajamas until about 4:30 (and only because my husband would be home from work soon). I’m finally feeling like I have my body back (although I still have a few more pounds to lose) but I need to make sure I keep my energy up and eat healthy so that I can wake up at the wee hours of the night, continue breast feeding and more.
This week, 6 weeks post partum, I finally made some goals to help myself get back to the level of health that I want for myself. And they are some great healthy habits that will help you too!
1) Eat breakfast every day. Some people can get away without eating breakfast, and lately my breakfast ends up coming around 10:30 when the baby is asleep again for a nap, but eating breakfast helps keep up my energy throughout the day as well as keeps me from snacking on unhealthy options later in the day. Healthy breakfasts such as this Dole Fruit and Greek Yogurt Parfaits are the perfect option.
2) Drink more water. I’ve never been one to drink very much water throughout the day. But I got a 1 liter mug from the hospital when I had my baby and I made the goal this week to fill it and drink it dry at least twice times a day. I need to make sure I’m drinking enough to keep up my milk supply, and to avoid dehydration in this summer heat.
3) Meal Plan. When I don’t make a simple meal plan throughout the week we end up eating fast food and other unhealthy options for dinner a lot more. If we can meal plan I can make sure there are healthy and quick options available for snacks and for the meals when we are hungry and want to eat now.
4) Exercise at least 20-30 minutes a day. This usually for me will end up being just a walk around the neighborhood with the baby. As long as I can get out of my seat and get my legs moving and my heart pumping for a little bit each day, plus a little sunshine and fresh air is good for me and the baby.
Dole Fruit in Jars are ready to eat, so they make a great quick snack or breakfast option and are especially delicious paired up with some Greek yogurt. You can simple pop open the lid, scoop out the the fruit you want, and return the rest to the fridge. The fruit is sealed in at the peak of freshness in 100% juice. And there are 5 delicious types available; mandarin oranges, pineapple, tropical fruit, peaches and mixed fruit. I decided to go with the tropical fruit
Tropical Dole Fruit Parfaits
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup granola (optional)
- 2 cups vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2 cups Dole Fruit in Jars Tropical Fruit (drained)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Put your coconut on a baking sheet and spread it out.
- Bake for about 6 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes until coconut is golden. Set aside.
- Layer about 1/4 cup Greek yogurt in the bottom of 4 cups of pint sized jars.
- Spread fruit evenly between each jar.
- Place another layer of Greek yogurt over the top of the fruit.
- Sprinkle each parfait with granola and then toasted coconut.
Enjoy this delicious fruit and greek yogurt pairing for a tasty snack or breakfast!
And be sure to follow Dole on Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter for more recipe ideas!
Alli Miller @ Cupcake Diaries says
These look so yummy! I love the idea of the shredded coconut. Pinned!