These perfectly crispy quesadillas are stuffed full of turkey bacon, onion, avocado and mozzarella for a delicious lunch or dinner!
This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Butterball Every Day. All opinions are 100% mine.
Sometimes you just want that great taste of bacon without all the fat that bacon has, well now there is a solution for you! You can have Butterball Turkey Bacon instead!
This is a great leaner option for us without having to give up on the taste. We’ve used this turkey bacon on some amazing breakfast sandwiches (think biscuits, over medium egg, thin slice of cheese and turkey bacon!) on top of burgers and in these amazing Turkey Bacon, Avocado and Onion Quesadillas.
Since I wanted to keep the whole meal lean and fresh, I went light on the cheese and topped my quesadilla with a light and fresh salsa. You could also top them with low fat sour cream.
The turkey bacon paired up with the avocado and sauteed onion is a perfect flavor combination. And these quesadillas are so packed full of amazing taste that you won’t even miss the pork bacon.
Turkey Bacon, Avocado, and Onion Quesadillas
- 4 slices turkey bacon
- 1/3 cup yellow onion (diced)
- 1/2 avocado (sliced)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella or cheddar cheese
- 4 to tortillas
- Cook up your turkey bacon in a saute pan until cooked through (and I like mine a little crispy).
- Break your bacon up into small pieces. Set aside.
- In the same pan put your onion and saute for about 10 minutes until cooked through and golden.
- Put 1 tortilla in your pan over medium heat and sprinkle with half the bacon, onion, avocado and cheese.
- Top with second tortilla and flip after cheese starts to melt a little. Continue cooking until cheese is fully melted.
- Repeat with second quesadilla.
- Cut each quesadilla into 4 pieces and enjoy dipped in salsa or sour cream.
Enjoy these delicious turkey bacon quesadillas as a great light lunch or dinner option!
Be sure to check out some more delicious Butterball recipes using all the great wholesome Butterball products like their whole turkeys, ground turkey, deli meat, sausage and burgers for a great meal your whole family will love! And while you’re at it don’t forget to print off your Butterball coupons before heading to the store so that you can not only eat great, but save some change too!