Here are ten simple ways to make life with kids just a little easier!
** This post is sponsored by Smucker’s as part of the Mom it Forward Blogger Network. All opinions are my own.
Being a mom is hard work, with making dinners (and breakfasts and lunches) and doing laundry, and cleaning the house, and changing diapers and… need I go on? Our days quickly get busy, so after reading this list on babble, I came up with my own mom hacks list to help me, and other moms keep our days more organized and efficient, as well as ways to keep mom and the kiddos happy. We know we all need as much help as we can get, so here are 10 ways to make life easier with kids.
1) Meal Plan. Plan your meals out at the beginning of the week. This eliminates the last minute rush of trying to figure out what’s for dinner, plus it’ll help you get your grocery shopping done in one trip.
2) Have snacks and lunches ready to go. Make sure you always have filling and healthier snacks ready for you and your kids to grab when you’re in a rush. Kids always seem to be hungry, and as busy moms we often forget to eat – with quick snacks we can grab and go when we’re heading out the door. Some great ideas are granola bars, squeezable yogurts, baggys of chopped up fruits or veggies or Smucker’s® Uncrustables® sandwiches.
3) Keep a calendar. Keep a calendar of the family’s events this way you won’t forget soccer practice, or dinner at grandma’s. Color code each of the family members so that you know who is doing what and when.
4) Always keep baby wipes on hand. Even if you aren’t changing diapers anymore, with kids there are always lot of messes. Keep some in your car and your purse for those messy situations.
5) Get rid of extra stuff. With kids we seem to gather lots of toys, clothes and more. More stuff means more messes and our kids don’t actual use half the stuff they own. Donate some of the clothes and toys that they no longer use.
6) Pay your bills online. This eliminates paper as well as time (and no more paying for stamps either!) some bills will even let you set up automatic payments so you can set the bill to be paid on a certain day each month and don’t even need to think about it at all!
7) Make food and meal times fun. If you’re one of the many moms who struggle with getting your kids to eat their lunch or dinner, try making the food more fun! Try making the pasta noodles rainbow colored, or making food art. (Although your kids will be happy to gobble down a Smucker’s® Uncrustables® sandwich, how could they resist it when its made into a cute disney princess?!)
(To make princess you’ll need 1 pink gala apple, 1 celery stick, 4-5 strawberries, 1 yellow bell pepper, 1 slice of cheddar cheese, a small handful of colored round cereal, granola, nutella, and 1 Smucker’s® Uncrustables® sandwich)
8) Clean up throughout the day. Pick up toys, clothes or other things that get scattered around the house throughout the day so that you aren’t overwhelmed at the end of the day or the next day with a cluttered and messy house.
9) Don’t overschedule. Back to back events just leads to stress. Leave time in between events so you can move your day along at a more leisurely pace. Also make sure you have regular time to enjoy time together as a family. Whether you’re just sitting down to dinner together as a family, or a quick trip to the park together. (Put your phones away and just focus on spending time together!)
10) Cut yourself some slack! No one is perfect. Its okay if our houses are messy and your baby doesn’t sing the national anthem while throwing a baseball. Sometimes we just need to sit down, take a break and enjoy life as it comes. (Enjoy just spending time with your kids doing what they want to do, go to the park, eat pizza for lunch or do some crafts – and don’t worry about the messes!)
Jennifer Day says
I absolutely LOVE the princess!! Thanks for sharing!
I love Uncrustables especially in the summer! They are so quick and easy.
I’m pretty sure that little princess if the sweetest thing I’ve ever seen for lunch!!
These are great tips! Having a calendar saves me. That Uncrustables princess is the cutest thing ever!
Paula Iniguez says
Great tips!! Thanks so much for sharing and that princess is ADORABLE!!!!