By aimee Berrett
This pumpkin french toast casserole is a perfect fall breakfast. It's a great make-ahead option, and is perfectly spiced, soft, and has the best crunchy streusel topping. THIS WOULD MAKE A GREAT BREAKFAST FOR THANKSGIVING MORNING.
1) You can use brioche, challah, french bread, or sour dough bread.
2) Open your bread package the day before to help dry out the bread so it will soak up the custard better.
3) Pair this with a light omelet or some breakfast sausage for a full meal.
4) Soak the bread overnight in a separate bowl, then transfer it to the pan to leave any extra egg mixture behind and keep the casserole from being soggy.
5) This casserole can be baked right away, or stored in the fridge for up to 24 hours.