White chocolate and cranberry granola bars that you make yourself for a healthier snack for you and your family.
It’s no secret that I love to snack. I get home from work around 5 and before I make dinner I want to grab a snack, after dinner snack – of course, late evening snack – count me in, I often count my snacks as my lunch while I’m at work too. I usually eat things like pretzels, crackers, granola bars, fruit snacks and more. Sometimes I count candy as a snack too – oops.
So, in an effort to snack a little healthier, I decided to make my own granola bars.
Though I won’t go as far as to claim that these are healthy, they are healthier than most granola bars you might get from the store. But what they have in healthiness they do not lose in flavor. These granola bars are some of the best I have ever had, and this is definitely a recipe I will be making again and again.
The great thing about granola bars is that you can make them your own. Just remember if you are taking out 1 dry ingredient you need to replace it with another dry ingredient, or a wet ingredient for a wet ingredient – to keep the right consistency going.
But feel free to leave the rice cereal out and add more oats, add flaxseed, add almonds, try milk chocolate instead of white chocolate, leave out the coconut flakes. Whatever your heart desires. But I think this combo is pretty great. And I seriously LOVED getting the bites of white chocolate the most. Yum!
White Chocolate and Cranberry Granola Bars
- 1 1/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup rice cereal
- 1/3 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 TBS corn syrup
- 2 TBS peanut butter
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Combine oats, rice cereal and coconut flakes in a medium sized bowl.
- Mix in your honey, corn syrup and peanut butter.
- Add your chocolate chips and craisins and stir in well.
- Press mixture into a greased 9x9 inch pan.
- Bake for about 25 minutes. (until edges are slightly crispy)
- Allow to cool for about 10 minutes before cutting into bars. Cut into about 1.5x3inch bars.
Enjoy these delicious granola bars for a moderately healthy snack for you and your family!
Store in an air tight container.