These white hot chocolate bombs are a fun new hot cocoa bomb recipe made with premium white chocolate, white hot cocoa mix, and lucky charms marshmallows, making them so fun for St. Patrick’s Day, Easter, spring, or any time of the year!
These white hot chocolate bombs are so cute, and perfect for spring time. With the colorful sprinkles on top of them, and filled with Lucky Charm’s Marshmallows inside, what could be more funn, and more delicious?
We’ve broken down a lot of tips and tricks on how to make hot chocolate bombs in our other post, so we’ll stick to the basic here a bit, and if you want even more detail, then head over to that post.
But we had to share with you how to make white hot chocolate bombs, because they’re so fun, and I wanted to share more hot chocolate bomb flavors with you!
Thankfully white chocolate is much more forgiving than other chocolates when melting, so although I list the instructions for tempering the chocolate, the white chocolate in these bombs should be easier to work with than regular chocolate.
These white chocolate hot cocoa bombs are such a fun way to enjoy a cup of hot chocolate. They’re so fun to package up and give away as gifts, and such a great way to warm up on a cold day!
What do you need to make White Hot Chocolate Bombs?
- high quality white chocolate – I recommend a bar of baking chocolate, Ghiradelli is a good brand
- White Chocolate Hot Cocoa Mix – you can use individual packets, or a can where you measure out a serving
- Lucky Charms Marshmallows – because they make them extra fun, but you can also use mini marshmallows
- Sprinkles – if you want to add them inside the hot cocoa bomb, and to decorate the outside as well.
How to make White Hot Chocolate Bombs?
Add your chopped up white chocolate to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds, then stir as best as you can, making sure to scrape the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula as you go. Microwave in additional 15 second increments, stirring as much as you can between each, until the chocolate is almost melted, then keep stirring. The heat of the melted chocolate will melt the un-melted pieces. Check the temperature of the white chocolate, you want it to be between 82 and 84 degrees to temper the chocolate. (But thankfully white chocolate is usually more forgiving than other kinds).
If the temperature is too high, add in another ounce or two of chocolate and stir it in to melt, until the temperature comes down.
Spoon about 1 Tablespoon of melted chocolate into each of the molds, and spread it around to cover the whole thing using the back of a small spoon. Put the mold in the fridge to chill for about 5 minutes.
Microwave a plate to get it hot, then place the edge of a shell onto the plate, and twist it around to melt slightly, and get the edge smooth. Place that shell, round side down and fill it up with cocoa mix and Lucky Charm’s marshmallows. Then repeat melting the edge on the hot plate with another shell, and connect the edges together, pushing them together as needed to seal the edges. Let the chocolate set.
Drizzle the top with more white chocolate or melted candy melts and top with sprinkles if desired.
How to make a Cup of White Hot Chocolate?
Drop one hot chocolate bomb into a large mug and pour 8 ounces of steaming hot milk over the top. Stir it all together as the hot chocolate bomb melts, making sure to mix the cocoa mix, lucky charms marshmallows, and melted white chocolate into the milk. Add more marshmallows or whipped cream if desired.
These white hot chocolate bombs make the most creamy cup of hot cocoa. It’s more sweet, and vanilla-ey than traditional chocolate, and so delicious. These are perfect made up into a big mug of hot chocolate, and are perfect for a cooler day!
More white chocolate recipes?
- White Chocolate Popcorn
- White Chocolate Chip Biscoff Cookies
- White Chocolate Dipped Peppermint Cookies
- White Chocolate Dipped Pretzels
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
White Hot Chocolate Bombs
- 16 oz finely chopped high quality white chocolate bars
- 7.5 oz white hot cocoa mix (or 6 individual 1.25oz white hot cocoa mix packets)
- 1 cup lucky charms marshmallows (separated from the cereal, or mini marshmallows)
- sprinkles (optional)
To make the Mug of Hot Chocolate:
- 8 oz whole milk (per mug/serving)
- Add 14 oz of white chocolate to a medium bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Remove from the microwave, and stir as much as you can. **
- Continue to microwave in 15 second intervals, stirring fully and scraping the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula between one, until the chocolate is almost completely melted.
- Then continue to stir the white chocolate so that it's own heat continues to melt the un-melted pieces.
- Once it is smooth, check the temperature with an instant read thermometer to make sure that the melted white chocolate reads between 82 and 84 degrees. If the temperature goes over 84 degrees, sit in an additional ounce or two of chopped white chocolate to lower the temperature.
- Spoon about 1 Tablespoon of melted chocolate into each of the hot chocolate molds.
- Use the back of a small spoon to spread it around. Make sure to get the white chocolate all the way to the top of the rim, and to cover any exposed areas.
- Place the mold on a small baking sheet and refrigerate for 5 minutes.
- Remove the mold from the fridge and spoon another heaping spoonful of white chocolate into one half dome. Use the back of the spoon to work the second layer of white chocolate around, really building up the edges to make them thicker, to help them not to crack. Repeat with additional half domes.
- Place the mold into the freezer to chill for 10 minutes.
- Remove the molds from the freezer and put on food safe gloves to carefully remove the shells from the mold.
- Once all 12 shells are made, microwave a flat microwave safe plate for 2 minutes.
- Place 6 of the shells on the plate, one at a time, and use your gloved hand to gently spin them on the plate, to smooth the edges.
- Place the round side down in a regular cupcake liner to hold the hot cocoa bombs.
- Wipe the plate clean.
- Fill the shells in the cupcake liners with about 1.25oz of white hot cocoa mix each. Then top with as many lucky charms marshmallows as you can.
- Reheat the plate for another 2 minutes in the microwave.
- Then repeat the process with the remaining 6 shells, and place them on top of the filled halves. Gently press them down to seal them together.
- Let the hot chocolate bombs set for a few minutes.
- Drizzle extra melted white chocolate over the top of the cocoa bombs, and top with sprinkles if desired.
To make the Mug of Hot Chocolate:
- Add the hot chocolate bomb to a large mug.
- Heat the milk in a small sauce pan over medium heat, just until the edges of the milk begins to bubble.
- Pour the hot milk over the hot chocolate bomb.
- Stir until the melted chocolate, hot chocolate mix, and milk are fully combined.