One Pot Taco Pasta
One Pot Taco Pasta is a delicious one pot dish that is ready in about 30 minutes, perfect for a taco flavored dish with orzo pasta, salsa, ground beef, and lots of cheese.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 TBS olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion (about 1/2 large onion)
- 1 TBS minced garlic
- 1 cup diced bell pepper (about 1 bell pepper)
- 1 TBS taco seasoning
- 1 1/2 tsp salt (divided, to taste)
- 1/2 tsp pepper (to taste)
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth (or water)
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup taco sauce (or tomato sauce)
- 2 cups orzo
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (or Mexican blend)
Brown ground beef in a large skillet over medium high heat. Season with 1/2 tsp salt. Drain excess grease and set aside.
Add olive oil, onion and garlic to skillet. Cook for 2 minutes, until they start to soften.
Add bell pepper and cook for another 2 minutes.
Add in taco seasoning, salt, pepper, chicken broth, salsa, taco sauce, orzo pasta, and prepared ground beef. Stir together.
Cook for about 10-12 minutes until liquid is absorbed and orzo is cooked through.
Stir in 1/2 cup cheese. Sprinkle remaining cheese evenly over the top.
Place in the oven to broil until the cheese is melted and golden.
Serve with desired toppings!