This cowboy caviar is the perfect chip dip, or side dish. It's light, delicious and perfect for a barbecue, potluck, or watching a football game.
- 15 oz can black beans (drained, and rinsed)
- 15 oz can black eyed peas (drained, and rinsed)
- 15 oz can corn (drained, and rinsed)
- 1 red bell pepper (stem removed, seeded, and diced)
- 1/2 red onion (diced)
- 1 jalapeno (seeds and membrane removed, and diced)
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing (divided)
- 1/2 lime (juiced)
- 2 TBS chopped cilantro (optional)
Drain and rinse the black beans, black eyed peas, and corn and add them to a medium sized mixing bowl.
Add the diced bell pepper, onion, and jalapeno to the bowl.
Add in 1/4 cup of the dressing, and the lime juice. Stir it all together.
Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 2 to 3 hours.
When you're ready to serve the dip, mix in the cilantro, and more dressing if needed.
Serve with chips.
Calories: 129kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 293mg | Potassium: 285mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 333IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 2mg