Southwest Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
These southwest stuffed sweet potatoes are topped with black beans, corn, diced tomatoes, shredded chicken and cheddar cheese for a delicious healthier dinner, side dish or game day food!
Servings: 8 servings
- 8 small-medium sized sweet potoatoes
- 1 cup cooked corn (drained and rinsed if you use canned)
- 1 cup cooked black beans (drained and rinsed if you use canned)
- 1 10 oz can RO*TEL Diced Tomatoes (drained)
- 1 - 2 cups shredded cooked chicken (seasoned with a little salt and pepper and taco seasoning)
- 2 TBS taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
Clean your sweet potatoes and poke them each 4 or 5 times with a fork.
Place them directly on your oven rack and back for about 45 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender. Allow them to cool for about 10-15 minutes.
Gently cut a thin later off the top of each potato. Use a spoon to remove the inside of each potato and mash the potato.
Mix in 1 TBS taco seasoning.
Return the mashed potato to each of the potatoes.
Combine your black beans, corn, and diced tomatoes in a small bowl.
Top each potato with your vegetable mixture, and some shredded chicken.
Top each potato with shredded cheese and return potatoes to oven (or microwave for a few seconds) for a couple minutes until cheese is melted.