Easter Sunday, Craig and I went to his sister Velyn’s for dinner. Saturday, when we received the invite I had just taken my cheesecake out of the oven and I volunteered to bring dessert. It occurred to me that perhaps the cheesecake would not turn out and I needed a fall back plan, these double chocolate and dried cherries cookies came from this…
…luckily both were good
- 1/2 cup butter flavored Crisco sticks
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 Tbs. milk
- 1 Tbs. vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 4 tsp baking cocoa
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 handfuls dried cherries, chopped (sorry I know that is not scientific, but I did not measure this)
- Combine Crisco stick, butter, sugars, milk and vanilla in a large bowl; mix well.
- Add egg and beat until into creamed mixture.
- Combine flour, cocoa, soda and salt; shift into creamed mixture.
- Mix until well combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips and dried cherries.
- Place in fridge for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Remove from fridge and drop rounded scoops onto a cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle lightly with additional salt (very lightly)
- Bake for 8 minutes in oven.
- Remove and let cool for 2 minutes on cookie sheet and than remove to cooling rack.
Makes about 36 cookies.