Easter Sunday, Craig and I went to his sister Velyn’s for dinner. Saturday, when we received the invite I had just taken my cheesecake out of the oven and I volunteered to bring dessert. It occurred to me that perhaps the cheesecake would not turn out and I needed a fall back plan, the cookies came from this…
…luckily both were good
1/2 cup butter flavored Crisco sticks
1/4 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 Tbs. milk
1 Tbs. vanilla
1 3/4 cups flour
1 tsp salt
3/4 tsp baking soda
4 tsp baking cocoa
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 handfuls dried cherries, chopped (sorry I know that is not scientific, but I did not measure this)
1. Combine Crisco stick, butter, sugars, milk and vanilla in a large bowl; mix well.
2. Add egg and beat until into creamed mixture.
3. Combine flour, cocoa, soda and salt; shift into creamed mixture.
4. Mix until well combined.
5. Stir in chocolate chips and dried cherries.
6. Place in fridge for 1 hour.
7. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
8. Remove from fridge and drop rounded scoops onto a cookie sheet.
9. Sprinkle lightly with additional salt (very lightly)
10. Bake for 8 minutes in oven.
12. Store in an airtight container.
Makes about 36 cookies.