My favorite candy in the whole wide world is skittles. Although most the time I prefer chocolate over fruity candy, I am always in the mood for skittles. Okay, I’m always in the mood for candy in general, but skittles are the best. I love all the different packages of skittles, crazy cores, original, tropical, riddles, blenders, wild berry (okay I won’t lie, I wasn’t a fan of the fizzled ones or chocolate – I mean bleehhh!).
One thing I love about skittles are the different colors (fyi: orange is the best). Anyway, have you seen this printable by Lil Luna? Taste the Rainbow. It’s perfect for the upcoming holiday next week. St. Patrick’s Day.
Another thing I love? This salad. This salad is also perfect for St. Patrick’s day, because its so colorful. The add ins are each a different bright color, plus I like getting the vegetable noodles so the pasta is colorful too. And it makes me excited for warm weather too.
I posted a pasta salad recipe before that was almost identical, but I like the crunch of the carrots and broccoli in this recipe better.
This recipe is more of a feel it out sort of recipe. The amounts of each ingredient don’t need to be very specific because you can put as much or as little as you like of each item. I didn’t measure how much I put of anything, but just sort of eyed it out and wanted similar amounts of everything (except of course the pasta and the salad dressing).
Ps. If you can’t find the vegetable rotini I don’t think it adds a huge flavor change, I just love all the colors.
16 oz vegetable rotini noodles
4 sticks of string cheese
1/2 can of olives
12 baby carrots
1/2 package of pepperoni
1 small broccoli head
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1/2 bottle zesty italian dressing
1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. Cut string cheese into 1/8 inch slices. Cut olives into thirds. Cut carrots into 1/8 inch slices. Cut pepperonis into halves. Cut broccoli into small pieces.
3. When pasta is done cooking, rinse noodles with cold water. Shake them off to dry.
4. Sprinkle parmesan cheese over noodles and stir in a large bowl.
5. Add chopped cheese, olives, carrots, pepperonis and broccoli to pasta bowl.
6. Pour zesty italian dressing over the top and stir well.
That’s it. Easiest recipe ever. Enjoy.