My favorite candy in the whole wide world is skittles. Although most the time I prefer chocolate over fruity candy, I am always in the mood for skittles. Okay, I’m always in the mood for candy in general, but skittles are the best. I love all the different packages of skittles, crazy cores, original, tropical, riddles, blenders, wild berry (okay I won’t lie, I wasn’t a fan of the fizzled ones or chocolate – I mean bleehhh!).
One thing I love about skittles are the different colors (fyi: orange is the best). Anyway, have you seen this printable by Lil Luna? Taste the Rainbow. It’s perfect for the upcoming holiday next week. St. Patrick’s Day.
Another thing I love? This salad. This salad is also perfect for St. Patrick’s day, because its so colorful. The add ins are each a different bright color, plus I like getting the vegetable noodles so the pasta is colorful too. And it makes me excited for warm weather too.
I posted a pasta salad recipe before that was almost identical, but I like the crunch of the carrots and broccoli in this recipe better.
This recipe is more of a feel it out sort of recipe. The amounts of each ingredient don’t need to be very specific because you can put as much or as little as you like of each item. I didn’t measure how much I put of anything, but just sort of eyed it out and wanted similar amounts of everything (except of course the pasta and the salad dressing).
Ps. If you can’t find the vegetable rotini I don’t think it adds a huge flavor change, I just love all the colors.
- 16 oz rotini noodles
- 3 oz whole olives
- 3.5 oz pepperoni slices
- 5 sticks string cheese
- 12 baby carrots
- 1 small head of broccoli
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan
- 8 oz Italian dressing
- Boil water in a large pot.
- Cook noodles according to package. (When cooked drain water)
- Cut olives in half
- Cut pepperoni’s in quarters
- Cut string cheese in 1/4 inch slices
- Cut carrots into bite sized pieces. Cut broccoli into bite sized pieces too.
- Combine noodles, olives, pepperoni, cheese, carrots, broccoli, parmesan cheese and dressing in a large bowl.
- Close bowl with a lid (or cover with foil if you’re brave)
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes before serving. (Half way through refrigeration, flip bowl upside-down so that dressing will mix throughout)
Shannon Bass says
Just not that great. Mostly pasta with Italian dressing. Maybe if more ingredients, like cucumber and carrots, it might be better.
So sorry, this is a very old recipe. We actually have an updated pasta salad recipe with carrots and a couple more things and hadn’t had a chance to delete this one.
It was really yummy. Thanks for the great dinner.
That looks a lot like my pasta salad. I also add diced fresh tomatoes and peppers. Super easy. Super tasty!
The pasta salad sounds yummy. I like chips and onion dips too.