I LOVE breakfast. With a young baby my breakfast often ends up being a bowl of cereal or a couple pieces of toast (or sometimes I go with out!) but when I have time to make something a little more special for breakfast I do, and I love it! One of my favorite things to make for breakfast is pancakes, because they don’t take as long as some other delicious breakfast options, but they still taste pretty delicious! So this time I decided to add in some peanut butter and a few chocolate chips in to make my pancakes even more tasty.
And let me tell you, these pancakes really are so good, you’ll be happy eating them anytime of the day. Or all the time, even.
These peanut butter chocolate chip pancakes are simple to make, I altered our perfect pancake recipe to replace the butter for peanut butter and I added a dash of vanilla and left out the vinegar. And of course I threw a few chocolate chips in there for good measure! (Of course I wouldn’t actually eat my pancakes topped with another fourth cup of chocolate chips like in said pictures, or with as much syrup, or stacked 4 high, but it made for prettier pictures – just fyi).
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 1⅛ cup flour
- 2 TBS sugar
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 TBS peanut butter
- ½ cup maple syrup
- In a small bowl mix together your milk, egg, vanilla and peanut butter until smooth.
- In a large bowl mix together your flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add your wet ingredients into your large bowl with your dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Dump in your chocolate chips and fold into the batter.
- Pour your pancake batter onto a preheated to medium high griddle in ¼ cupfuls.
- When batter begins to bubble, flip pancakes with a spatula.
- Cook pancakes for another 1-2 minutes until the bottoms are golden brown.
- In a small bowl put your peanut butter and your maple syrup.
- Heat the peanut butter maple syrup mixture in the microwave for about 30 seconds and stir to combine.
- Pour peanut butter syrup over the top of your pancakes when serving.
Enjoy these delicious peanut butter pancakes for an amazing breakfast your whole family will love!