Happy New Year Everyone! I hope you enjoyed the holidays and got to spend time with the family and friends that you love most. I know I did.
Welcome to our new blog. For a Christmas gift my wonderful husband purchased the domain to lmld.org and I am so excited to have our own site. So at least for the next year we will now be working through wordpress, and I hope that doesn’t make things to difficult for you all. I know blogger is getting rid of gfc for wordpress in March, but I think you should still be able to follow our blog through google reader, by just copying the link to your reader, and you can also subscribe to our posts through email, check that out on the left hand side. I’ll probably get the blog set up through bloglovin’ and I’m working on a google plus page so. And don’t forget our facebook page! So, I hope that you’ll still join us over here at our new site.
By the way, what is your preferred way to follow a blog? Facebook, google friend connect, blog lovin, google reader, RSS feed, google plus, etc? Let me know and I’ll try to figure out how to make it possible for you to follow us every way you want.
We will also be making improvements with our pictures. I only started taking pictures for the blog about a year ago, and they have continued to get better, but we got a new camera for Christmas (mother did too!) and I got a light tent to help out too. So look forward to more and more improvements in the near future.
And to start the new year of with a bang.
3 large chicken breasts
1 cup sour cream, divided
1/2 cup water
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 4oz can diced green chiles
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 TBS minced garlic
1/2 TBS cumin
16 oz Salsa Verde (green salsa)
10 medium tortillas
Optional Toppings: Sour cream, shredded lettuce, salsa, cilantro, etc.
1. Bring a large pot of water to boil.
2. Put chicken breasts in boiling water, and cook until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
3. Using 2 forks shred the chicken into small pieces.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
5. Mix salsa, water and 1/2 cup sour cream in a blender.
6. Spray a 9×13 pan with baking grease.
7. Spread about 1 cup of the salsa mixture on the bottom of the baking dish.
8. In a large bowl mix the shredded chicken, 1/2 cup sour cream, red pepper, green chilies, 1 cup cheddar, garlic and cumin.
9. Spoon 1/3 cup of chicken mixture onto each tortilla.
10. Roll up the tortilla and place seam side down in the baking dish.
11. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
12. Pour remaining salsa mixture over enchiladas.
13. Bake for about 35 minutes.
14. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake for 15-20 minutes, until bubbly.
15. Enjoy topped with whatever you like.