Cranraisin Macademia Nut White Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies describes these Jungle Cookies to a T. These cookies are stuffed full with all those tasty ingredients for a cookie with everything.
So Aimee will continue to give you the healthy food and I will post the sweets, or it seems so. I feel like all I make any more is cookies, cake, candy, etc. I do actually cook something healthy every once in a while, it is just that I have had a lot of activities where I am responsible for a treat. Tonight was no exception, it was our YW in Excellence program, where the Young Women in our church “show off” their goodness, or in other words the good things they do or have accomplished throughout the year. The theme was It’s a Jungle Out There and I was asked to share a treat of some kind, something jungle/animal related.
What does one make that is jungle themed? banana bread, monkey bread, ants on a log, fruit kebabs were already taken. So I thought well….. animals eat fruit and nuts; and I went in search of a cookie recipe (cookies are always easy) that has fruit and nuts in it; I settled on these, otherwise known as Cranraisin Macadamia Nut White Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies or more easily called Jungle Cookies. And they were good enough that the recipe was asked for, so Becky, here it is especially for you.
- 3/4 stick Butter flavored Crisco Shortening
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsps. vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 3/4 cups old fashion oats
- 1 cup dried cranraisins
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts* (chopped - walnuts or pecans would also be good)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly coat baking sheets with no-stick cooking spray.
- Beat shortening and sugars together until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla, and beat in.
- Combine flour, soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add flour mixture to shortening, sugars, eggs and stir until well blended.
- Add oatmeal and stir in until well blended.
- Add cranraisins, chips, and nuts and stir in well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto baking sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 9 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
- Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes, then remove to cooling rack.
- Cool completely and store in an airtight container.
Makes approximately 3 dozen cookies.