Cobbler is another dessert that reminds of summertime and camping. I love cooking up some peach cobbler in our dutch oven when we go camping and I love how simple it is to make too (with only 3 ingredients in my dutch oven version).
But when I’m home I want the delicious taste of peach cobbler too. And although I know I can cook using my dutch oven at home too, sometimes I want to save myself from the mess and these peach cobbler bars are the perfect solution. Almost as good as fresh peach cobbler cooked in the dutch oven, but a little more manageable in easy to eat bars.
And shhh, these were so good I even had one for breakfast one morning! And they taste great on their own Or warmed and topped with ice cream. YUM!
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 cans sliced peaches, drained
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp milk
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine your cake mix, butter, and egg.
- Press about ¾ of the cake mixture into the bottom of a greased 9x13 glass pan.
- Chop your peaches into small pieces.
- Pour peaches over the top of your cake mixture and spread evenly.
- Break remaining batter into small pieces and sprinkle over the top of the peaches.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until batter is golden and cooked through.
- Mix together ingredients for glaze in a small bowl.
- Allow bars to cool completely before drizzling glaze over the top.