The deliciousness of peach cobber but in a bar and so easy to make.
Cobbler is another dessert that reminds of summertime and camping. I love cooking up some peach cobbler in our dutch oven when we go camping and I love how simple it is to make too (with only 3 ingredients in my dutch oven version).
But when I’m home I want the delicious taste of peach cobbler too. And although I know I can cook using my dutch oven at home too, sometimes I want to save myself from the mess and these peach cobbler bars are the perfect solution. Almost as good as fresh peach cobbler cooked in the dutch oven, but a little more manageable in easy to eat bars.
And shhh, these were so good I even had one for breakfast one morning! And they taste great on their own Or warmed and topped with ice cream. YUM!
Peach Cobbler Bars
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 1 egg
- 30 oz canned sliced peaches (drained, 2 15oz cans, or 1 29oz can)
For the glaze: (optional)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine your cake mix, butter, and egg.
- Press about 3/4 of the cake mixture into the bottom of a greased 9x13 glass pan.
- Chop your peaches into small pieces.
- Pour peaches over the top of your cake mixture and spread evenly.
- Break remaining batter into small pieces and sprinkle over the top of the peaches.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until batter is golden and cooked through.
- Mix together ingredients for glaze in a small bowl.
- Allow bars to cool completely before drizzling glaze over the top.
Natalie @ Life Made Simple says
These look incredible! We’re obsessed with peaches this summer!!!
Lauren Allen says
I absolutely love peach cobbler! I’ll be trying these for sure!
Amber @ Dessert Now, Dinner Later! says
OH yeah! These look so yummy! Never thought to make cobbler into bars! YUM!