Creamy Chicken Enchilada Soup
Creamy chicken enchilada soup is packed full of flavors with black beans, shredded chicken, corn, diced tomatoes and more for a creamy and delicious, comforting bowl of soup that everyone will love!
For the Soup:
- 2-3 large chicken breasts raw and thawed
- 1 10 oz can red enchilada sauce
- 1 14 oz can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 14 oz can corn drained
- 1 4 oz can diced green chiles
- 1 14 oz can diced tomatoes with juices
- 2 cups chicken broth or stock or about 1 14oz can
- 1 TBS minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 TBS taco seasoning
- 1 8 oz block cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- shredded mozzarella or cheddar cheese
- tortilla strips or tortilla chips
- diced green onion
Pour all ingredients except the cream cheese and mozzarella into a large pot heated over medium high heat on the stove top.
Allow to cook for about 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
Remove chicken from pot and shred in a bowl using 2 forks. Return to pot.
Cut the cream cheese into small cubes and add them and the shredded mozzarella cheese to the pot.
Stir well until the cream cheese has melted completely into the soup.
Serve topped with sour cream, shredded cheese, tortilla strips, etc.