Three Envelope Roast
This beef roast is the best, with only a few ingredients its cooked to perfection in the slow cooker for several hours! Its perfectly tender, falls apart and is so great served with potatoes, carrots and onions on the side!
Servings: 6 -8 servings
- 2 1/2 - 3 cups chopped and peeled potatoes (1 - 1 1/2 inches in size, about 4 potatoes)
- 2 1/2 - 3 cups chopped and peeled carrots (1 1/2 - 2 inches in size, about 6 carrots)
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion (about 1/2 onion)
- 1 0.87 oz McCormick Brown Gravy Mix
- 1 1.0 oz Hidden Valley Ranch Mix
- 1 0.7 oz Italian Dressing Mix
- 2 cups warm water
- 2-3 lb beef chuck roast
Prepare your potatoes and carrots and spread them in the bottom of your slow cooker.
Combine your gravy mix, ranch mix, Italian dressing mix and warm water in a medium sized bowl. Stir together completely.
Place your roast on top of your vegetables and pour your seasoning water mix over the top of everything.
Cook in your slow cooker on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
(You can make a gravy with your leftover juices, by boiling them, add about 2 TBS of flour or cornstarch to 2 TBS of cold water and stir together, add mixture to the drippings and cook till thickened, stirring constantly.)