This homemade copycat Rumbi hawaiian teriyaki chicken bowl is amazing. This tastes just like the chicken bowl from rumbi and now you can make this favorite dish at home. This delicious bowl is full of fresh vegetables, coconut rice, chicken, all topped with a sweet hawaiian teriyaki sauce. Even if you have never been to Rumbi before you will love this combination of flavors.
- 2 cup long grain white rice
- 2 cup water
- 3/4 can coconut milk
- 1/2 TBS sugar
- Put all ingredients in a rice cooker. *
- Cook until timer goes off.
*If you don’t have a rice cooker combine water, milk, sugar and rice in a sauce pan over medium heat. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for about 18-20 minutes.
- 3/4 cup Yoshida’s sauce
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. chili garlic sauce
- 1 tsp. ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 TBS pinch of brown sugar
- 1 TBS cornstarch
- 2 TBS water
- Combine yoshidas, soy sauce, chili garli sauce, ginger, salt, and brown sugar in a small sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Meanwhile combine cornstarch and water.
- Reduce sauce to a simmer.
- Add cornstarch water to sauce slowly, to thicken.
- Simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Set aside.
- 1 TBS vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup grated carrots
- 3 celery stalks, washed and sliced
- 1 zucchini, chopped into small cubes
- 1 cup chopped broccoli florets
- 2 chicken breasts
- Cut each chicken breast in half (so that it will cook faster)
- Spice chicken breasts slightly with garlic powder, salt, pepper, and onion salt.
- Grill chicken breasts till thoroughly cooked
- Meanwhile put vegetable oil and vegetables in a large pan over medium heat.
- Saute for about 6-7 minutes (or less if you like your vegetables crispy)
- When chicken is done cooking, cut chicken breasts into small cubed pieces.
- Top coconut rice with vegetable and chicken.
- Drizzle with hawaiian teriyaki sauce.