2 cup long grain white rice
2 cup water
3/4 can coconut milk
1/2 TBS sugar
1. Put all ingredients in a rice cooker. *
3. Cook until timer goes off.
*If you don’t have a rice cooker combine water, milk, sugar and rice in a sauce pan over medium heat. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for about 18-20 minutes.
Hawaiian Teriyaki Sauce
3/4 cup Yoshida’s sauce
1 tsp. soy sauce
2 tsp. chili garlic sauce
1 tsp. ginger
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 TBS pinch of brown sugar
1 TBS cornstarch
2 TBS water
1. Combine yoshidas, soy sauce, chili garli sauce, ginger, salt, and brown sugar in a small sauce pan.
2. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
3. Meanwhile combine cornstarch and water.
4. Reduce sauce to a simmer.
5. Add cornstarch water to sauce slowly, to thicken.
6. Simmer for a couple of minutes.
7. Set aside.
Vegetables and Chicken
1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
3/4 cup grated carrots
3 celery stalks, washed and sliced
1 zucchini, chopped into small cubes
1 cup chopped broccoli florets
2 chicken breasts
1. Cut each chicken breast in half (so that it will cook faster)
2. Spice chicken breasts slightly with garlic powder, salt, pepper, and onion salt.
3. Grill chicken breasts till thoroughly cooked
4. Meanwhile put vegetable oil and vegetables in a large pan over medium heat.
5. Saute for about 6-7 minutes (or less if you like your vegetables crispy)
6. When chicken is done cooking, cut chicken breasts into small cubed pieces.
7. Top coconut rice with vegetable and chicken.
8. Drizzle with hawaiian teriyaki sauce.
Oh my goodness. So I can’t tell you if this tastes exactly like Rumbi’s bowl (because we don’t eat there that often – only cause prices). But I can tell you that this turned out delicious. I really liked the slight sweetness of the rice against the salty sweet of the sauce.
I will warn you that it was a little spicy, I didn’t mind too much, but Nate would have liked it a little less spicy, so I might cut the amount of the chili garlic sauce next time. But I will definitely be making this again. Yum Yum Yum. I’m hungry now, and I can’t wait to eat the leftovers.