Random thoughts for the week:
- I have the sweetest husband. On Valentine’s day he brought me a dozen long stemmed roses and chocolate covered strawberries. At work. Every time I saw them I couldn’t help but smile. We both had to work late Valentine’s day, so we went out to dinner on Friday. I love going to fancy restaurants with my husband, sitting across from him and thinking ‘how did I get so lucky?’
- I sometimes like to sit at the computer like a frog. I put my feet up on the chair with my knees at my chest. Its comfortable for me and keeps me warm as well. The only problem is this position often causes one of my feet or legs to fall asleep. Its currently my right foot.
- Yesterday turned from what I thought would be a very uneventful day, to an amazing day. We were still fairly lazy, yet we did a lot. My favorite part of the day was yesterday afternoon. It was surprisingly warm (considering we got 2-3 inches of snow last night) so we decided to grill some chicken and pineapple for teriyaki chicken burgers. Ate them outside and then brought a couple blankets out and took a short nap on the grass. While outside we let our kitten explore our yard. Of course she found the one hole in our fence big enough to jump through (luckily for us it went to a small area that our neighbors RV blocked her from going any further).
2-4 chicken breasts (ours were huge and we cut them each in half, if smaller use 4)
4 pineapple rings
approx 1/3 cup Yoshidas sauce
approx 1/3 cup teriyaki sauce
approx 1/3 cup pineapple juice
4 hamburger buns
Optional Toppings: lettuce, bacon, onion, etc.
1. Preheat whatever type of grill you like (we like charcoal).
2. Combine about 1/3 cup each of yoshidas sauce, teriyaki sauce and pineapple juice.
3. Coat chicken pieces in sauce. And place on grill. Cook, flipping occasionally, for about 15 minutes. Re-coat top side with sauce every time you flip.
4. Meanwhile, place pineapple rings on grill and coat top side with sauce. Cook until warm thoroughly. Flip once or twice, coat each time.
5. Create sandwiches with hamburger bun, chicken breast, pineapple and toppings. (We didn’t have any toppings, but will next time to add a crunchy texture to the sandwich).
Enjoy. Eat outside on a sunny day if possible.