Creamy Chicken and Broccoli over Rice
Usually when I think of crock pot dinners, I want easy. But there are actually a lot of crock pot meals that have many extra steps, besides just throwing your food in the pot. Searing your meat, even broiling it, adding stuff later in the process, etc. Those meals are good too, but sometimes I just want to throw everything in and then come home after work to a delicious meal.
This recipe falls in the middle on the crockpot difficulty scale. It’s fairly straight forward, but then the last 30 minutes you need to separately cook the rice, then throw in the broccoli and at the last second at the sour cream. But that’s still pretty straight forward right? Plus its delicious, cheesy, creamy, and your whole family will love it!
Update: 1/17/13 We made this again and I LOVED it just as much as the first time. Now I’m not ashamed that it has become viral over pinterest because it really is a delicious recipe. Hope you enjoy it.
3 chicken breasts
1 can of cheddar cheese soup
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cajun seasoning
1/4 tsp garlic salt
1 cup of sour cream
2 cups of broccoli
1. Put everything except sour cream and broccoli in the crock pot.
2. Cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 4.
3. Shred the chicken breasts with two forks.
4. In a rice cooker (or however you like) cook about 4 cups of rice.
5. Meanwhile, add broccoli to the crock pot and stir in.
6. Cook for another 30 minutes.
7. When done cooking, stir in sour cream with the crock pot mixture.
8. Enjoy over a bowl of rice.
This was a perfect meal to warm us up on a chilly autumn day. We had enough creamy chicken mixture that we froze half of it and each enjoyed a BIG bowl.