Lets start the new year off right with a healthy dinner recipe, so that we can all get started on our new years resolutions on the right foot. How many of you have made goals to eat better this year, in some way or another?
I found myself wanting to cook nothing but sweets over the holidays, and eating lots of unhealthy food. Since I am now not only caring for my body, but for the little one inside I need to be extra careful with what I put inside my body. And I especially need to make sure I get all the right vitamins to keep myself and my baby healthy.
This chicken stir fry is a perfect healthy meal to start with. It’s pretty good for you, but also delicious and filled with lots of good vegetables! Make it even better for you by pairing it with whole grain rice, instead of white. And enjoy!
- 2 TBS sesame oil
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped
- 2 cups snap or snow peas
- 1 cup red pepper sliced
- 3 large chicken breasts, sliced
- 2/3 cup toshidas
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 TBS minced garlic
- 1 dash red chili pepper
- 4 cups cooked rice
- Combine yoshidas sauce, water, soy sauce, garlic and red pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat a wok or large skillet over medium heat. Add 1 TBS sesame oil.
- Cut your chicken into strips or bite sized pieces.
- Add chicken to sesame oil, and cook until chicken starts to turn golden brown on the edges. Remove from bowl and set aside.
- Add remaining sesame oil.
- Pour in vegetables and cook, stirring occasionally until they just start to get tender.
- Return chicken to the skillet and add sauce.
- Cook for another few minutes until sauce starts to thicken, chicken is fully cooked and vegetables are tender.
- Serve over rice.
Enjoy this chicken and vegetable stir fry over rice as a healthy dinner for your family!