These cute chow mein Birds Nest Cookies are so fun for Easter. They combine chocolate, butterscotch, and peanut butter topped with your favorite chocolate Easter eggs, for the perfect Easter treat.
These simple and adorable chow mein noodle birds nests cookies will be a perfect addition to your Easter festivities. They’re so cute, delicious, and the perfect no bake treat.
Whether you let your kids help you make these (just a fair warning they are a little messy and your children may end up with chocolate on all parts of their bodies) or you make them to impress everyone with these nests as part of your dessert ensemble.
These chow mein nests come together with just a few ingredients. I like the flavor combination of the chocolate, butterscotch and peanut butter, just like you get in scotcheroos. But if you’re not feeling that flavor combination you could definitely just do chocolate, or chocolate and peanut butter, or butterscotch, or whatever. Maybe even mix it up and do something totally radical like chocolate and mint.
These are really easy to make, albeit a little bit messy to arrange into nests. I arranged my nests on some parchment paper, but I’ve also heard that a muffin tin works well to keep the “sticks” all together. Whatever works for you.
How to Make Chow Mein Birds Nest Cookies?
To make these Birds Nest Cookies, you’ll need chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, creamy peanut butter, crunchy chow mein noodles, and chocolate candy eggs.
First you’ll melt together your chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and peanut butter in the microwave. Stir till the mixture is nice and smooth.
Then you’ll stir your chow mein noodles into the melted chocolate mixture. You can find chow mein noodles in the Asian section of any grocery store. They add the perfect crunch to these cookies.
Scoop your chocolate covered noodles in small groups onto a sheet of parchment paper. Shape them using your hands or a spoon into a nest, and then add 3 chocolate candy eggs on top for the bird eggs.
I like to use Cadbury Mini Eggs, but you could also use Whopped Robin Eggs, or even Jelly Beans if you want.
Allow the cookies to set before serving and then watch everyone gobble them up.
These are the easiest Easter treats ever, only 5 ingredients, and 5 minutes to make these darling Easter bird nests treats. These would be perfect to serve up at a Easter Egg Hunt, or for Easter dinner! And everyone will love them!
Looking for more cute Easter recipes?
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Chow Mein Nests
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 6 oz chow mein noodles
- 48 cadbury mini eggs (or other egg shaped candy)
- Put the butterscotch chips, chocolate chips, and peanut butter in a medium sized bowl.
- Microwave for about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Stir everything together.
- If you need, microwave for additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after until smooth and creamy.
- Pour your chow mein noodles into the bowl and stir to coat with the chocolate mixture.
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone liner or parchment paper.
- Scoop some of the chow mein mixture onto the parchment paper and carefully move the pieces to mold them into nest shapes.
- Place about 3 egg candies onto the nests.
- Place in fridge to harden quickly, or allow to harden on counter for a couple hours.
Chow Mein Bird Nest Cookies first posted on Aptil 17, 2014. Photos updated on April 8, 2019.