This banana cream pie is the best! With a buttery sweet graham cracker crust, banana pudding filling and topped with whipped cream!
My favorite type of pie is always a cream pie, and banana cream pie is my favorite pie of all.
It always has to have a graham cracker crust though. For this pie, I usually just make it with pudding mixes to make it quicker and easier, and that’s what I stuck with this time too – because I knew it would be good. I did however make a homemade graham cracker crust because I could – but if you want to buy a store bought crust you’re welcome to do that too.
Some typical banana cream pies only have vanilla pudding, but I wanted the banana flavor to be strong so I used one banana cream pudding mix and one vanilla pudding mix. Easy peasy.
What is your favorite kind of pie? Or are you more or a cake and brownies kind of person?
- 12 graham cracker sheets
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 3.5 oz vanilla pudding mix
- 1 3.5 oz banana cream pudding mix
- 2½ cups milk
- 2 bananas
- 8 oz cool whip
- Crush your graham crackers into a fine crumb. (It should make about 1½ cups).
- Mix together your sugar with your graham cracker crumb in a medium sized bowl.
- Pour your melted butter over the top of your crumb and mix it all together.
- Pour your crust mixture into the bottom of a 9 inch pie crust pan and press down on the bottom and the edges.
- Pour your pudding mixes into a large bowl and pour your milk over it and stir together. Add ½ cup of cool whip to the pudding mixture and mix well.
- Cut your bananas into slices and lay them over your graham cracker crust.
- Pour pudding mixture over bananas and smooth top. Place in fridge to set for about 3 hours.
- Top with remaining cool whip and additional bananas before serving.
Enjoy this delicious and easy banana cream pie!
For other delicious pie recipes, try these: