I had forgotten how much I love Asian flavors, I don’t know why. And I honestly don’t know if this is true Asian but I do know this Asian beef, snow peas, and mushroom dish is bursting with flavor. I love it.
Do you ever get into a routine with life? I mean routines are good things, they keep me sane. If I didn’t have some routines, laundry and house cleaning would never get done. Yes, I do my laundry on Mondays and clean house on Saturdays. Traditional, but it does allow for the accomplishment of something. I have found if I don’t follow some routines nothing would get done and I would be running around like a chicken with his head cut off. But sometimes my routines are really, really boring – like eating the same thing every week. Sometimes it is all things chicken or all things salad, or all things pizza (although I am not sure you can get too much pizza). So when I found a good looking, delicious sounding Asian beef with snow peas and mushrooms recipe I knew it was time to refresh the menu. I am really glad that I did. I hope you will be too.
- ½ pound ground beef
- 4 oz mushrooms (washed and sliced thinly)
- 4 oz snow peas
- 5 to 6 garlic gloves (divided) (minced)
- ¼ cup onions (diced)
- ½ cup Mr. Yoshida's sauce
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- ¼ tsp powdered ginger
- 2 cups cooked rice
- In a small bowl mix together, Mr Yoshida sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar, and 3 minced garlic cloves - this is your sauce which you will be pouring on just before finishing
- In a large saucepan, saute your other 2 minced garlic cloves and diced onions along with the ground beef
- Cook the meat thoroughly, break up big chunks
- Continue to cook everything until the onions are translucent
- Add your mushrooms and saute them with the ground beef mixture until tender
- While these are cooking, place your snow peas in a microwave safe bowl and cook until tender (2 to 3 minutes)
- Add the snow peas to the beef mixture and stir in
- Pour your sauce all over the beef, mushrooms, and snow peas - warm thoroughly
- Serve over a sticky rice - delicious
Enjoy this delicious asian beef for a tasty dinner!
One routine I would like to start this year though is, trying a new recipe something new weekly – I mean then I wouldn’t be missing out of all those wonderful flavors out there.
Another new routine I want to do is a weekly photo journal – have any of you tried that. My life is pretty basic but I think I can come up with a new perspective through the eye of a camera lens. Have any of you tried this? How did it work for you?
Routines are good, but new is too.
If you like this Asian beef with snow peas and mushrooms, you might like these dishes too: