This jalapeno cheddar cornbread is a delicious savory cornbread full of diced jalapenos and cheddar cheese. Perfect for a quick and easy side dish!
I usually like my corn bread sweet with butter and honey on top, but this time around I decided to switch things up and make my cornbread savory and and a little bit spicy too! This jalapeno cheddar cornbread is a perfect side dish to most meals! It would be great served up with the traditional chili and corn bread meal too.
This corn bread is easy to make starting with a store bought corn bread mix, so the prep time is only about 10 minutes! You’ll need 1 15oz corn bread/muffin mix (or 2 7-8.5 oz mixes), 2 eggs, 1 can Del Monte Sweet Cream Style Corn and 1 can Del Monte Whole Kernel Corn, 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese, and 1/4 cup diced up jalapeno pieces. Adapted from this recipe.
You can make your corn bread in a 9 inch baking dish, or for a fun twist cook it up in muffin tins. To cook it in a muffin tin, fill each tin about 90% full of corn bread and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until corn bread is golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
Just in time for Easter, this savory corn bread dish is the perfect addition to your Easter holiday meal! Its ready in less than 1 hour, with only 10 minutes of prep time so that your Easter holiday can be spent enjoying time with your family instead of slaving away in the kitchen.
- 1 15oz package corn bread mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 14.75oz can Del Monte No Salt Added Cream Style Corn
- 1 14.75oz can Del Monte No Salt Added Whole Kernel Corn, drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup diced jalapeno, seeds removed
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Coat a 9in square baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Stir together your corn bread mix, eggs, cream style corn, and whole corn in a large mixing bowl.
- Fold in your cheddar and jalapeno until mixed completely.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake 40-45 minutes until cornbread is a golden brown color or a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes before slicing.
You can create your own #10MinuteWow recipe from Del Monte’s 10 Minute Wow Easter Pinterest Board and enter their contest for a chance to win a special Del Monte Gift basket! You must choose one recipe from the pinterest board and pin it to your personal Easter Board using the hashtags #10MINUTEWOW and #DELMONTECONTEST then send your board to firstname.lastname@example.org! The contest runs until March 16 at 3:00PM PT and three winners will be chosen to win a Del Monte Gift basket.
The basket will include a $200 American Express Gift Card, a casserole dish, a serving spoon, a Del Monte Recipe book and some great Del Monte products! For the complete contest rules visit here.
For more 10 minute wow dish ideas, try Del Monte’s Cheddar Corn Casserole, Sweet Pea Deviled Eggs, Classic Green Bean Casserole, or Sweet & Spicy Carrots. Follow Del Monte on Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram for more delicious ideas.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Del Monte. The opinions and text are all mine.