This blueberry coffee cake is soft, sweet and loaded full of blueberries topped with the the best cinnamon sugary streusel crumble on top!
I love coffee cake. Especially the crunchy sugar crumb topping on the top. I love that coffee cake is sweet and delicious enough to eat as a dessert, but its also an excuse to pretty much eat cake for breakfast. Amiright?
Today is national coffee cake day, evidently, so its a reason to celebrate by making this amazing blueberry coffee cake. And if you miss out on making it today, don’t worry, I promise its good all year round. If you want to try any other coffee cake recipes, head to the bottom of this post where 11 of my blogger friends are sharing more delicious coffee cake recipes, like coffee cake muffins, and white chocolate strawberry coffee cake, and more amazing recipes. I can’t wait to try them all!
This blueberry coffee cake is like blueberry muffin batter cooked up in a cake pan and topped with the most scrumptious crumb topping. Slice it up and serve for breakfast, or brunch. If you’re a blueberry fan, I promise you’ll love this sweet coffee cake! (And if you’re not try it with out the blueberries, or with rasbperries or another berry instead)
Just look at that amazing crumb layer on top!
This coffee cake is perfectly buttery and sweet throughout, its moist and soft too. This coffee cake is easy to whip up and is ready in about an hour, with just about 10 minutes of prep work. So its perfect for a weekend breakfast, or for having friends over for brunch, or heck, I won’t judge you if you have a slice with your lunch too.
To make this recipe I altered my strawberry muffins with a crumb topping and turned it into this sweet blueberry coffee cake.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup softened butter
- 1½ cups fresh blueberries (or frozen)
- ½ cup flour
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup softened butter
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine your flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In another large bowl beat together your butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in your eggs and vanilla and stir to combine.
- Add the flour mixture, alternately with the milk mixing until just incorporated.
- Coat your blueberries in flour. Fold them into the batter.
- Pour your batter into a greased 9in springform pan.
- Combine your topping ingredients, cutting in the butter until the mixture is large crumbs.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool, slice and serve.
And here are over 10 more delicious coffee cake recipes from my blogger friends. They all look so amazing, I can’t wait to try them all!
Coffee Cake Muffins / Dessert Now Dinner Later
Baked Coffee Cake Doughnuts / Tried and Tasty
White Chocolate Strawberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake / Eazy Peazy Mealz
Peach Cobbler Coffee Cake / Lemon Tree Dwelling
Peanut Butter Crumble Coffee Cake / A Kitchen Addiction
Strawberry Coffee Cake / Cupcake Diaries
Key Lime Coffee Cake / Life Made Sweeter
Maple Pecan Coffee Cake / A Dash of Sanity
Strawberry Peach Coffee Cake / Sugar and Soul