This almond lemon curd torta is a sweet cake topped with toasted almonds and delicious lemon curd. Its a labor of love, but worth it in the end!
Do you love to bake? Role call for our bakers out there? What is your favorite recipe to bake? Have you found that when it comes to baking it takes a few steps in preparation? not just one or two. I loved this almond lemon curd torta but let me tell you about preparation before sticking the torta in the oven.
First; the equipment I used:
1 large bowl, 1 medium bowl, 2 small bowls
a lemon juicer
1 nut chopper
1 hand mixer
microwave, stove top, oven
1 rubber spatula, 1 wooden spoon, 1 wooden spatula
measuring spoons – tablespoon, teaspoon, 1/2 teaspoon
measuring cups – 1 cup, 3/4 cup, 1/2 cup
1 spring-form pan
Next; the preparation steps required:
toasting sliced almonds, grounding almonds for almond flour
lemon juicing and zesting
making lemon curd and cooling the lemon curd
Finally, the torta baking:
Bake the torta!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Let torta cook!
Eat almond lemon curd torta! The best part!
Yes, baking can take time. But when you are finished and present your creation; whether it is a almond lemon curd torta or your favorite treat, it will all be worth it! Each step, each dish, each moment!
Now let’s eat this torta otherwise known as cake!
Almond Lemon Curd Torta
- 9 TBS unsalted butter (softened and divided)
- 1 cup plus 1 TBS flour
- 1 cup plus 2 TBS sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 extra large eggs
- 1/2 cup ground toasted almond flour
- 1/2 cup lemon curd
- 2 TBS toasted sliced almonds
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- With 1 TBS butter, grease 9 inch spring-form pan
- Dust with 1 TBS flour, shake off extra
- In a large bowl, cream 8 TBS butter and 1 cup sugar
- Sift together 1 cup flour, almond flour, kosher salt, and baking powder. Add to creamed butter and mix in gently.
- Whisk together the 2 eggs until they are completely mixed together
- Add eggs and almond extract to flour/butter mixture, mix together
- Scrape batter into spring-form pan, spread to fill and tap bottom to settle
- Drop 1 TBS of lemon curd 1 inch from outer edge all around the torta, spacing evening
- Drop 3 TBS lemon curd into center of torta
- Sprinkle with toasted sliced almonds and 2 TBS sugar
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until top is golden and toothpick insert in torta (not lemon curd) comes out clean
- Cool for 10 minutes, remove sides of spring-form pan, cool completely
- Serve with whipped cream
If you are toasting your own sliced almonds, lay out in a saucepan. Toast over medium low heat, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes. Let cool. To make your own almond flour, add 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds into a nut chopper. Let grind for about 1 minute until almonds are ground finely – they will still be slightly coarse.
- juice and zest of 2 large lemons
- 6 TBS unsalted butter (- cubed)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 extra large eggs
- In a microwave safe medium bowl, whisk together lemon juice and zest, sugar, and eggs
- Add the cubed butter
- At 50% power, stirring every 30 seconds, melt the butter into the lemon juice, sugar, and eggs - about 2 minutes
- At 50% power, stirring/whisking every 30 seconds, cook the lemon mixture until slightly thicken - about 3 minutes
- Cool for 5 minutes
- Seal a layer of plastic wrap on top of the lemon curd, not allowing any air to get in between, so as not to form a skin on the curd pudding
- Refrigerate for 90 minutes before using in cake
- There will be leftovers to use in crepes or eat as pudding
This almond lemon curd torta was worth each and every step of the way. I think it is time to bake again.
Inspired by this Lemon-Almond Butter Cake by Regina Schrambling. Thank you!