Better than Sex Chex mix is an amazing sweet chex mix, with chocolate chex, melted caramel, peanut butter cups, marshmallows, and lots of chocolate! Its irresistible!
You guys, this better than sex chex mix is SO GOOD. I’ve had a friend who has made this several times and it is always my favorite. I finally got the recipe and made it for myself and I can promise you its going to be a regular occurrence happening in our household.
You start with chocolate chex cereal, and coat it a homemade microwave caramel type mixture. It makes the cereal nice and crunchy when it hardens. Then you top it with chopped up miniature reeses, mini marshmallows, melted caramels, milk chocolate AND white chocolate.
That’s a whole lotta goodness all wrapped up together making this perfect for all occasions. This treat is perfect boxed (or bagged up) and shared with neighbors and friends for Christmas, or Valentine’s day. Its perfect for a movie night, or football game at home, its perfect for any and all occasions! I mean, who doesn’t love chocolate, caramel, peanut butter goodness!
Just be warned, before you know it you’ll have eaten have the pan and you won’t want to stop!
Better than Sex Chex Mix
- 8 cups chocolate chex mix (one 14.25oz box)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 6 TBS butter
- 3 TBS light corn syrup
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup mini peanut butter cups (chopped)
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup caramel bits
- 1 TBS heavy cream
- 1/2 milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Pour chex cereal into a large microwavable bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate microwavable bowl, microwave brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup for 1 minute. Stir until smooth. (Microwave for another 30 seconds if needed)
- Stir in baking soda.
- Pour caramel mixture over the cereal and stir to evenly coat.
- Microwave cereal mixture for 2 minutes, stirring after every minute.
- Spread onto a cookie sheet lined with waxed or parchment paper. Allow to sit for about 10 minutes.
- Break into pieces.
- Evenly sprinkle peanut butter cups and marshmallows over the top of the cereal.
- In a small microwavable bowl, add caramel bits and cream. Microwave for 1 minute, or until it can be stirred smooth.
- Use a spoon to drizzle caramel evenly over the top of the cereal.
- Microwave milk chocolate in 30 second increments, stirring after each, until smooth. (Mine takes 1 to 1.5 minutes)
- Using a spoon drizzle the chocolate over the cereal mixture.
- Microwave white chocolate in 30 second increments, stirring after each, until smooth. (Mine takes 1.5 minutes)
- Using a spoon drizzle the white chocolate over the cereal mixture.
- Sprinkle coarse sea salt over the top while the caramel, and chocolates are still wet.
- Allow chocolate to set until hardened. (Place in the fridge for a quicker set)
- Break apart and store in airtight container.
This recipe looks amazing… so amazing I’m giving it out for Christmas! Can you tell me how big your serving size is in? I’m trying to figure out how much I need to make. Thanks!!
It’s a little over half a cup. One batch should make about 10 cups.
Amy Mitchell says
Can this recipe be made in advance and frozen?
I’m not sure how it would all thaw, so I haven’t tried it sorry! Let me know if you do!
Karen carr says
Can’t say they didn’t warn me!! This is so addictive- before you know it you are making a second batch! Make this immediately!
What are Carmel bits?
They are little round unwrapped caramel balls made by Kraft you can find in the baking aisle. You can also use other store bought soft caramels.
keri christensen says
Awesome. Thanks for getting back to me. So excited to use as our Christmas treat to give away !!!