This gooey coconut almond chex mix is full of chex, golden grahams, coconut flakes, sliced almonds, and is all covered in a gooey sugar coating. And it is to die for!
Last week some friends of ours stopped by and they brought us a bag of this amazingly delicious gooey almond Chex mix. Nate and I ate the whole thing in about 5 minutes time, it was so tasty.
I knew I had to have the recipe as soon as possible so I could make it again for myself. This gooey coconut almond chex mix is full of chex, golden grahams, coconut flakes, sliced almonds, and is all covered in a gooey sugar coating. And it is to die for!
But, be warned this recipe makes a TON! I laid it all out and it covered more than 2 full cookie sheets. I kept munching on it all day and then Nate took about 14 small bag fulls to work to share with his coworkers and they all gobbled it up too.
Gooey Coconut Almond Chex Mix
- 1 - 12 oz box rice chex
- 1 - 12 oz box golden grahams
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 cups sliced almonds
- 1 1/2 cups butter (3 sticks)
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups light Karo syrup
- Mix together your rice chex, golden grahams, shredded coconut, and sliced almonds in 1 giant bowl (or 2 large bowls).
- In a large pot heat together your butter, sugar, and Karo syrup over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil. Once boiling, let cook for 2 minutes stirring constantly.
- Pour mixture over your cereal mixture and stir everything together.
- Pour mixture onto waxed paper and allow to set till cool.
Enjoy this delicious gooey chex mix for a tasty treat to share with friends or for a party!
You might like these other snack mixes too: