A vanilla cookie with a candy bar surprise tucked inside, made from a cake mix without the cakey texture.
My sister in law has made these candy bar surprise cookies for us a couple times and they’ve always been so good. The vanilla cake mix in the dough gives the cookie a delicious, cake mix flavor (but it doesn’t have a cakey texture) plus it makes the dough super easy to make with just a vanilla cake mix, eggs and oil. Plus of course you need the candy bar for the surprise in the middle. And that’s it. Just four ingredients to make these delicious cookies.
If you’ve ever had a rolo cookie it’s basically the same (I can’t believe I don’t have that recipe on here – I’ll work on it!) but instead of a devils food cake mix you use a vanilla cake mix and you can use whatever candy bar pieces you want to stuff in the middle.
You will love these delicious vanilla cookies, and your friends and family will love biting into them and finding the delicious candy surprise in the middle!
Candy Bar Surprise Cookies
- 1 - 15.25 oz box vanilla cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- fun size candy bars (Reeses, milkyway, snickers, etc)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine your cake mix, eggs and oil in a medium sized bowl.
- Cut candy bars in halves or thirds.
- Roll a piece of dough flat in your hand. About 1.5 TBS of dough.
- Put a piece of candy bar into the dough and roll the dough around the candy bar to make a ball.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with a silicone liner or parchment paper.
- Place in oven and bake for 8-10 minutes until cookies start to turn golden.
Enjoy these delicious cookies with the special candy bar surprise in the middle!
Approximately how many cookies will this recipe make?I don’t see the amount listed.
Oh also, about how big should the balls of cookie dough be (for example, 1 tablespoon, 2 tablespoons, etc)?
The size you make your balls will change how many cookies you get. I usually get anywhere from 24-28 cookies, and roll maybe 1.5 TBS of dough out flat then around the candy bar piece into a ball, just make sure its enough to cover your chocolate all the way!
Can these be made with chocolate cake mix?
Aimee Berrett says
Yeah you definitely can!
Gotta love a good surprise and this is awesome! Yum!