These candy bar cookie bars are delicious cookie bars packed full of your favorite chopped chocolate bars. They are a perfect way to use up leftover Halloween candy!
It’s the season of Halloween, and I don’t know about you, but I almost always buy too much Halloween candy. It’s not really an accident though, I love having some extra candy bars to munch on before and after Halloween.
Instead of just munching it all, I love using some of the candy bars to bake up some delicious treats. You can throw candy bar pieces into so many different baked goods, instead of using chocolate chips – like chocolate chip cookies, vanilla ice cream, brownies, you name it.
So I took a few leftover Reeses, Twix, Rolos, and chopped them up, then added some m&ms to the mix for color and tossed them all into my cookie dough. Any of your favorite chocolate bars will work though.
What candy bars can I use in cookies?
- Reeses Cups
- Reeses Pieces
- Milky Way
- 3 Musketeers
- Cookies and Cream Bars
- 100 Grand
- Kit Kat
- Hershey Bars
- Almond Joy
- Baby Ruth
- Basically any chocolate bar will work
These cookie bars are a lot like my basic blondies, but instead of just brown sugar like a typical blondie recipe, these have brown and white sugar. They’re basically a chocolate chip cookie in bar form – for the perfect candy bar cookie bars.
Can this recipe be halved?
In case you don’t have as much candy leftover, or don’t want to end up with a whole big pan of cookie bars this recipe is really easy to half. Bake the cookie bars in an 8×8 pan instead of the 9×13 pan, for about 20-25 minutes.
These candy bar cookie bars are the perfect way to use up any leftover Halloween chocolate candy that wasn’t snagged by your trick or treaters, or if you can convince your kids to share some of their candy with you.
Looking for more ways to use leftover candy?
- Candy Bar Surprise Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cup Rice Krispie Treats
- Candy Corn Peanut Butter Bars
- Snickers Chocolate Chip Cookies on Averie Cooks
- Candy Brownie Trifle on The Kitchen Magpie
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Candy Bar Cookie Bars
- 1 cupsticks butter (2 sticks, softened)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups flour ??
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups chocolate candy (chopped up)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9×13 baking pan with cooking spray
- Mix together butter and sugars in a large bowl until light and creamy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and stir well.
- Add in all the dry ingredients, flour, baking powder and salt and stir in.
- Pour in your chopped candy and fold it into the batter.
- Dump batter into your prepared 9×13 pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 35 minutes.
- Allow to slightly cool before cutting and serving.
Enjoy these chocolatey cookie bars. They taste especially great with icecream!