A fun Christmas cookie baked liked a blossom cookie but with a peppermint kiss for Christmas.
Welcome to Day #4 of Christmas Week, a multi-blogger event co-hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Jen from Juanita’s Cocina! We hope you enjoy this fabulous event. Continue to tune in as we share another delicious Christmas treat today, and tomorrow.
Today instead of a Christmas candy recipe, I have a delicious Christmas cookie recipe instead.
I grew up with my dad making his delicious and almost famous toffee (recipe coming soon) every winter to give out to our neighbors and friends and family. But I don’t have that one thing that I make to give out to people. I like trying so many different recipes that I usually end up giving out whatever I have made that tastes good. I’ve given out peanut butter and chocolate fudge, cookies, sweet breads, we even gave smoked trout one year.
These cookies are definitely good enough to give out to your neighbors, plus they are easy and delicious for you to eat too!
This recipe is inspired by these cookies from Baked Perfection.
Candy Cane Blossoms
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick, softened)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 TBS milk
- 3 TBS each red and green sprinkles
- about 28 peppermint/candy cane kisses
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together your butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in your egg and vanilla and stir to combine.
- Mix in your milk.
- Add your dry ingredients and stir into the mixture.
- Roll dough into 1 inch sized balls (dough is a little sticky)
- Roll each ball into red or green sprinkles.
- Place on baking sheet lined with parchment and bake for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for a couple minutes.
- Press candy cane candy into the center of each cookie.
- Allow to cool a few more minutes, and then remove to a cookie rack to cool completely.
Enjoy these festive, cute and delicious cookies!
Be sure to vist all the other Christmas Week Bloggers for more Holiday Baking Goodness:
Visit all the other Christmas Week Peeps for more Holiday Baking Goodness:
- Mini Sugar Cookie Houses aka Hot Chocolate Mug Perches by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Eggnog Cookie Truffles by The Weekend Gourmet
- Spiked Candy Cane Hot Chocolate by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks:
- Gingerbread Texas Sheet Cake with Lemon Frosting by Chocolate Moosey
- Swirl Cookies by Noshing With The Nolands
- Caramel Apples by My Catholic Kitchen
- Homemade Caramels by Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Puff Pastry Ravioli Mince Pies by Food Lust People Love
- Mounds Brownie Cupcakes by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Hot Chocolate Pull Apart Bread by The Dutch
- Sugared Grape and Phyllo Tart by See Aimee Cook
- Taffy Tan Fudge by Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Double Chocolate Pecan Cookies by Cooking In Stilettos
- Cinnamon Raisin Oatmeal Bread by Liv Life
- White Chocolate Candy Cane Fudge by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Devil’s Food Cake Cookies by Try Anything Once Culinary
- Cinnamon Whiskey Balls by Home Cooking Memories
- Pumpkin Chiffon Pie by Jen’s Favorite Cookies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookie Dough Truffles by Cupcakes and Kale Chips