These reindeer peanut butter blossoms are the classic peanut butter and chocolate cookie, dressed up to look like a reindeer, for the perfect adorable Christmas cookie!
Peanut Butter blossoms are one of my favorite holiday cookies to make, and decorating them to look like cute reindeer makes these cookies even more ready for a Christmas cookie plate!
Just over a month till Christmas, and I am getting so excited. I usually wait until after Thanksgiving to start celebrating Christmas, with Christmas music, and decorations – but when it comes to holiday baking, I’m ready to start sharing the holiday recipes as soon as I can with you guys! I love sharing cute and delicious Christmas themed desserts with you, like these reindeer peanut butter cookies and I know you guys are ready for it because you’ve been pinning and sharing our holiday recipes for a while now.
These reindeer peanut butter blossoms are the perfect addition to your Christmas recipe box. I promise you’ll be making them again and again.
These reindeer peanut butter cookies are the perfect soft and chewy peanut butter cookie, topped with a chocolate kiss for that delicious chocolate and peanut butter combination that everyone loves. The cookies are dressed up with a red candy, candy eyes and pretzel antlers to make them look like reindeer.
These cookies are so easy to make and are sure to bring a smile to everyone’s face, just by looking at them. When they eat one up that smile will just grow even bigger 😉
- unsalted butter – to give the cookies a good flavor and chewy texture
- creamy peanut butter – to give the cookies a nice peanut butter flavor
- granulated sugar and brown sugar – these help give the cookies their soft and chewy texture, and make them sweet
- one egg – to hold the cookie dough together
- vanilla extract – to add a little flavor
- salt – to balance out the sweetness
- baking soda – this gives the cookies their lift and keeps them from being dense
- all purpose flour
- Hershey kisses
- candy eyes
- chocolate coated candies – brown m&m or red m&m or sixlet candies for the reindeer noses
- chocolate chips – to melt and help hold the antlers in place
- mini pretzels – for the reindeer antlers
How to make Reindeer Peanut Butter Blossoms?
- The cookies start the same way as a typical peanut butter cookie recipe. Mix the butter, peanut butter, and sugars together in a large bowl (or the bowl of a stand mixer) until they’re nice and creamy and fluffy. Add in the vanilla nad egg and mix until just combined.
- Then you’ll add in the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until you have a soft, but not too sticky cookie dough. Roll the dough into 1-inch balls are roll them into more sugar. Place them on a baking sheet, and bake them up until they are just golden brown and the cookie tops start to crack.
- You’ll bake up the peanut butter cookie, and after it bakes press a chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie.
- Top the kiss with a red chocolate nose (a mini m&m or sixlet works great for this) right in the middle. Then two candy eyes at the top for the reindeer’s eyes.
- Dip two pretzel halves into melted chocolate, then press them into the top of the cookie for the antlers and allow the cookies to sit on a cooling rack to cool completely and let the chocolate set.
Tips and Tricks:
- Since the chocolate candy gets squished by the reindeer’s nose you can use any variety of medium sized round chocolates. Instead of hershey’s kisses, you could also use miniature peanut butter cups, or rolos too.
- Have extra pretzels on hand, because it can be hard to break them in half for the pretzel pieces for the reindeers antlers, and you may end up discarding some.
- These cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
This is a great holiday cookie for letting your kids, or other little ones help out. While their little hands may not let the cookies decorated quite as perfectly they’ll have so much fun helping you make the cutest Christmas cookies, and they will enjoy eating them even more.
These reindeer peanut butter blossom cookies are the perfect Christmas cookies. So cute and delicious for the holiday season. These cookies are great for enjoying at home, making for a Christmas party, for cookie exchanges, or sharing with your neighbors on a Christmas cookie plate.
Looking for more adorable Reindeer Recipes?
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Email
Reindeer Peanut Butter Blossoms
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick softened)
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups flour (start with 1 1/4 cup and add the last 1/4 cup 1 TBS at a time, till the dough is a good texture)
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar (for rolling cookie dough balls in)
- 30 Hershey kisses (unwrapped)
- 60 candy eyes
- 30 red or brown chocolate coated candies (like m&ms)
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 40 Mini Pretzels (a few extra incase some break)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine butter, peanut butter, sugar, and brown sugar in a large bowl and mix together till creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the vanilla and the egg and mix till just combined.
- Add salt, baking soda, flour and mix. (Start with 1 1/4 cup flour and add more in one tablespoon at a time until the cookie dough is a good texture, not too sticky, and not too dry)
- Roll cookies into 1 tablespoon sized balls. Place into remaining sugar and roll to coat.
- Place balls on a cookie sheet lined with parchment or silicone, about 2 inches apart from each other.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes until the cookies are golden and just start to crack.
- Remove cookies from the oven and push a chocolate kiss into the top of each cookie (they will crack more).
- Allow the chocolate kiss to sit for a few minutes till its soft throughout.
- Press a red or brown chocolate candy onto the middle of the chocolate kiss and press it down a bit for the nose.
- Press two chocolate eyes into the top of the chocolate kiss for the reindeer's eyes.
- Break pretzels in half and then you can break a little more off each half to make them like the antlers pictured.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave in 30 second increments and stir after each till smooth. (It shouldn't take more than 1 minute)
- Dip bottom of the pretzel into the melted chocolate and press them into the top of the cookie for the antlers.
- Allow the cookies to sit on a cooling rack till cook completely and the chocolate is set.
Leave a Reply