Caramel apple blondies are a delicious brown sugar blondie stuffed full of apple pieces and lots of gooey caramel for a perfect fall dessert!
Blondies are one of my favorite treats with their rich brown sugar flavor throughout. I just knew I had to try a fall version, and these caramel apple blondies did not disappoint.
These caramel apple blondies are packed full of cinnamon, soft apple pieces and ooey gooey caramel in the middle. They are bundled up with the perfect fall flavors, and are great enjoyed no matter what season. Even if you’re dreaming of fall, but the weather is still a little hot, and the leaves aren’t quite changing colors.
There is extra caramel in these bars to make them extra gooey and chewy and delicious. They’re amazing on their own or even better as a warm dessert, zapped in the microwave for a few seconds and topped with ice cream and a drizzle of extra caramel for good measure.
Caramel Apple Blondies
- 1/2 cup butter (1 Stick), softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 apples (peeled, and diced)
- 8 oz soft caramels (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 TBS whole milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line an 8x8in pan with a sheet of parchment paper
- In a medium sized bowl, cream together your butter and brown sugar. Beat for 2 minutes till light in color.
- Add in egg and vanilla extract and stir until combined.
- Pour in the salt, cinnamon, and flour and stir to combine.
- Fold in the apple pieces.
- Scoop half of the batter into the prepared pan and flatten.
- Add the caramels and milk to a small sauce pan over medium heat. Heat until caramels are fully melted and creamy.
- Pour melted caramel over the dough.
- Drop remaining dough over the caramel evenly.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 30 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and allow to cool before slicing and serving.
- Serve warm with ice cream and extra caramel syrup if desired.
You might also like some of my other favorite caramel apple desserts.
Or from some of my blogging friends:
- Apple Pie Caramel Apples on No Biggie
- Caramel Apple Sheet Cake on Chef In Training
- Apple Snickers Salad on Lil Luna