Cheesy chicken broccoli and rice casserole is the perfect comforting dish that your whole family will love!
This cheesy chicken broccoli casserole comes together with only a few ingredients for a warm, comforting, filling, and delicious your family will love. Its perfect for a weeknight dinner because it can be ready in about 40 minutes, with only about 15 minutes of prep!
This is a classic meal that I grew up eating, but I think I’ve made it even better with the crunchy buttery crackers on top. They make the perfect salty crispy topping for this yummy dish!
For the casserole filling mixture you’ll need rice, chicken, broccoli, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, a little milk, salt, and of course cheese. To make the meal extra quick to come together you can use rotisserie chicken (or other precooked chicken), minute rice, and did you know you can steam broccoli in the microwave? You can either by frozen and skip this step, or fresh and steam it for just a couple minutes to partially soften it.
Its a perfect dinner option because of how fast it comes together but also because my whole family loves it and I think yours will too!
Cheesy Chicken Broccoli and Rice Casserole
- 2 cups rice (cooked)
- 2.5-3 cups chicken (cooked and shredded, or chopped)
- 2 cups broccoli (chopped and cooked to crisp tender)
- 10 oz can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 tsp salt tsp salt
- 2 cups crushed round buttery crackers
- 4 TBS butter (melted)
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, stir together rice, chicken, broccoli, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, milk, cheese, and salt
- Pour into a 9x13in pan.
- Mix together crushed round crackers and melted butter in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle crushed crackers evenly over the top of the casserole.
- Bake for 25 minutes.