Chicken Parmigiana is one of my favorite meals ever. If we go to an Italian style restaurant I almost always order it. I make it at home occasionally because its pretty easy and equally delicious (baked not fried). And after eating a delicious chicken parmesan pizza from Papa Johns, we decided we could make our own pizza chicken parm style.
This recipe can be made easy with dough and sauce from the store, or make it your own with your homemade favorites. Here are my favorites.
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees with pizza stone inside.
2. Roll out pizza dough onto a prepared pizza peel (sprinkle corn flour on the peel first), till it is desired thickness (ours was about 1/3 inch)
3. Spread pizza sauce over the top of the dough.
4. Sprinkle 1 1/2 cups of mozzarella cheese over the sauce.
5. Cut chicken breasts up into bite sized pieces and spread around on the pizza.
6. Sprinkle additional 1 cup of cheese over the top.
7. Bake for about 15 minutes until cheese begins to turn golden brown.