WARNING: This is addicting, if you have no will power, watching your weight or live alone do not make this. I repeat DO NOT MAKE this. But if you are having friends over, plenty of will power or no need to watch your weight than this is a good snack to make. Craig and I learned this the hard way.
6 cups Chocolate Chex cereal
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
6 Tbs butter
3 Tbs light corn syrup
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup white vanilla baking chips
1) In a very large microwavable bowl, measure out cereal and set aside.
2) Line 1 cookie sheet with wax paper
3) In a 2 cup + microwavable bowl; put brown sugar, butter and light corn syrup. Microwave on high for 1 minute, stir, microwave for 30 seconds, stir until melted and smooth. If needed microwave for 30 more seconds.
4) Add in baking soda and stir into dissolved.
5) Pour over cereal and stir until evenly coated.
6) Microwave on High for 3 minutes, stopping to stir every minute.
7) Spread on cookie sheet and let cool for 10 minutes.
8) Break into bite size pieces.
9) In a small microwavable bowl, melt vanilla chips. Microwave on high for 1 minute, stir. Microwave for another 30 seconds and stir until smooth. If needed add 1/2 tsp butter and 1 Tbs milk to thin and make smooth.
10)Drizzle over cereal.
11) Refrigerate until set and store in a sealed container.