This is the BEST chocolate chip banana bread recipe. This sweet banana bread is perfectly moist and soft and stuffed full of chocolate chips throughout.
Recipe and photo Redo: 4/24/16
I’m pretty sure almost all banana bread recipes are good, because banana bread is just delicious. But this recipe is my favorite of all! This banana bread is perfectly moist and soft and stuffed full of chocolate chips making it the best banana bread ever!
This banana bread is the perfect excuse to use up some over ripe bananas from the counter. I’ve made this bread with fresh bananas from the counter, or some pre-frozen bananas from our freezer.
I’ve made this recipe several times and I still can’t get over that delicious smell of fresh warm banana bread wafting through the house. Nate got home from work, right as the bread was finishing baking in the oven, perfect timing to enjoy a fresh warm slice of banana bread. And our whole family loves it.
I like mine topped with just a little butter.
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick -softened)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large over-ripe bananas (mashed - 1 cup)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup chocolate chips (6 ounces)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x5 loaf pan.
- Beat butter and sugars together in a large bowl, until creamy and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, until blended.
- Add the mashed banana and vanilla and mix till smooth.
- With the mixer on low, add in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon until just combined.
- Coat the chocolate chips in flour.
- Stir the chocolate chips into the batter.
- Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake bread for 60 to 65 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on rack for 5 minutes, before removing from pan to cool completely, or enjoy warm.
Leave a Reply