This is the best banana bread! It’s moist and delicious, and can all be made in one bowl!
This is my favorite banana bread recipe, I’ve made it for over 10 years. You can add chocolate chips, or chopped nuts, or just leave it as is. It’s packed full of the perfect brown sugar, butter, and banana flavors. It’s so moist, and soft, with a perfect tender crumb. And has the best banana flavor in every bite. Just thinking of the smell of fresh banana bread baking in the oven makes me want some.
When I have over ripe bananas on the counter, there are a few things I want to do with them. I want to peel them and stick them in a bag and freeze them for a fruit smoothie, make my banana cake with cream cheese frosting, or make a pan of banana bread.
This banana bread is the perfect way to use up those over ripe bananas from the counter. You need two to three bananas, depending on how big they are. To make up a heaping cup full of mashed banana.
This recipe is such an easy classic banana bread. It only takes about 10 minutes to mix all the ingredients together, and it’s all mixed in one bowl.
How long does banana bread last?
Banana bread should be stored wrapped in plastic wrap or an airtight container at room temperature. It should last for up to 4 days.
How to freeze banana bread?
Banana bread can be frozen for 3 to 4 months, if done correctly. I like to double or triple this recipe then we can enjoy a loaf immediately, and freeze the other ones for another day.
First you will want to let the loaf cool completely. If it’s still warm extra moisture will be trapped in with it and it will get a little soggy. Wrap the banana bread in two layers of plastic wrap. You can also use foil if you don’t have plastic wrap. Then place the banana bread in a large freezer safe ziplock bag. Write the date on the bag, so you remember how long it is good for.
When ready to enjoy, keep it still wrapped and thaw at room temperature or in the fridge. Slice up and enjoy as usual.
This banana bread is perfect sliced up in huge thick slices, eaten still warm out of the oven. When I have some leftover, I like to throw it in the microwave for a few seconds to warm it back up, and it tastes just like it’s fresh from the oven again. I personally, like mine topped with a little butter, but it’s delicious as is too.
Looking for more banana bread recipes?
- Healthier Banana Bread
- Cinnamon Banana Bread
- Banana Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe
- Banana Blueberry Bread
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
The Best Banana Bread
- 1/2 cup butter (softened, 1 stick)
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed banana (heaping, about 2-3 bananas)
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees farenheit. Grease a 9x5 loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- Beat your butter, white sugar, and brown sugar together in a large bowl, for about 2 minutes until creamy and light.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time until blended.
- Add in the vanilla extract and mashed banana and mix until smooth.
- While mixing slowly (by hand, or with a mixer), add in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon, and stir together till just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bread pan.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then remove from the pan and continue to cool on a cooling rack, or enjoy warm.
- (The bread will be much messier to slice when warm)**