When I think of recipes for St. Patrick’s Day I think of green of course – and then my mind goes to mint. And even better than mint is the combo of chocolate and mint. And these chocolate mint sugar cookie bars are the perfect way to enjoy that combo.
The best thing about these bars besides their delicious chocolate sugar cookie base and creamy mint frosting is how easy they are to make! With sugar cookie bars you avoid rolling out the dough and cutting it into shapes. All you have to do is press the dough into a 9×13 pan and bake! So much easier and so much time cut out too.
Now back to these chocolate mint sugar cookie bars. I promise you want to make them. You ready for the recipe?
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 TBS milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 TBS unsalted butter, softened
- 3 TBS milk
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- ½ tsp mint extract
- 4 drops green food coloring
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium sized bowl combine your flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together your butter and sugar mixing for about 3 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add in your egg, milk and vanilla and mix till combined.
- Whiling mixing, slowly add in your flour until everything is combined.
- Press the dough into a greased 9x13 baking dish and spread out evenly with your hands or a rubber spatula.
- Bake for about 15 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- Mix together all your ingredients for your frosting till creamy. Add in more milk or more powdered sugar to change consistency if needed.
- Spread frosting evenly over your cooled cookie bars.
- Melt chocolate chips in a small microwavable bowl in 20 second increments, stirring in between till smooth.
- Scoop into a small ziplock bag and clip a teeny bit off the corner of the bag and drizzle chocolate over the top of the bars. Allow chocolate to harden.
- Cut into squares and enjoy with milk!
Enjoy these easy to make and delicious chocolate mint sugar cookie bars!
For other chocolate mint desserts, try these: