These mint muddy buddies only take a few minutes, and are such a delicious, crunchy, mint chocolatey, cereal snack!
These mint muddy buddies are a delicious mint chocolate muddy buddy version, that has Chex cereal coated in melted Andes Mints and powdered sugar. They’ve still got that delicious muddy buddy crunch, but with mint and chocolate, instead of chocolate and peanut butter.
These mint muddy buddies are so delicious, and fun! They’re perfect any time of the year, but I especially love whipping up a batch for St. Patrick’s Day, or Christmas! I mean who doesn’t love green mint treats for St. Paddy’s, and how fun would this be wrapped up in cellophane bags and packaged up for neighbors?
Ingredients Needed to Make Mint Muddy Buddies:
- Andes Mints – you can unwrap your own Andes Mints, buy the Andes Mint Chips, or my Walmart now sells an Andes Mint candy bar! You’ll want about 1 1/2 cups chopped worth for the chocolate coating, which for me was about 50 mints unwrapped and roughly chopped, or 2 of the bars. I also added another 1/4 cup of so chopped up to the muddy buddies after they were all made, but that’s optional.
- Chex Cereal – you can choose whichever Chex cereal you prefer, but I like Rice Chex best.
- Butter – it helps make the melted chocolate extra smooth, and spread a bit farther
- Powdered Sugar – classic for muddy buddies, it makes the cereal snack extra sweet and keeps the chocolate from melting too much in your hands
How to make Chocolate Mint Muddy Buddies?
These Mint Muddies might be even easier to make than typical muddy buddies, not that any are hard to make, but this version only has 4 ingredients!
In a microwave safe bowl, combine your chopped up Andes Mint pieces, and butter. Add it to the microwave and heat for about 30 seconds. Then microwave in additional 15 second increments until you can stir the chocolate totally smooth.
Pour the melted chocolate over the top of your cereal and stir it up carefully until the cereal is coated evenly with the melted mint chocolate.
Add your coated cereal and your powdered sugar to a bag and shake it all up together until the cereal is evenly coated and the powdered sugar is all stuck to the cereal.
Now you can pour the mixture out onto some parchment paper to let the chocolate set more, or dig right in!
Tips for making Mint Chocolate Muddy Buddies:
- If you can’t find or don’t want to use melted Andes Mints for the chocolate coating on these muddy buddies – you can instead use a combination of chocolate and mint chips (so 3/4 cup of each), and melt them in the same manner.
- Instead of adding Andes Mint Pieces to the muddy buddies, you could add mint flavored m&ms instead. I love the green colors of the Dark Chocolate Mint M&Ms (perfect for St. Paddy’s), or the fun red and green colors of the Christmas holiday version.
- Add some chopped thin mints to the mix.
- Add some junior mints to the muddy buddies.
- I drizzled some melted green candy melts over the top of my muddy buddies so it would be more obvious they are mint chocolate flavored. You can skip this step if you want.
These mint muddy buddies are such a yummy mint chocolate treat. They’re sweet, and crunchy, and have the best mint chocolatey taste!
More muddy buddy recipes?
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate Muddy Buddies
- Cookies and Cream Muddy Buddies
- Cake Batter Muddy Buddies
- S’mores Muddy Buddies
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
- 1 1/2 cups chopped Andes Mints
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 6 cups chex cereal
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped Andes Mints
- 1/4 cup green candy melts
- Add the Andes Mints and butter to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute, and stir as smooth as you can. Microwave in 15 second increments, stirring well after each, until you can stir them smooth.
- Add your chex cereal to a large bowl.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the top of the bowl and stir it all together to coat the cereal evenly in the chocolate.
- Add the coated cereal to a large ziptop bag. Pour in the powdered sugar. Shake it all together until the cereal is evenly coated in the powdered sugar.
- Pour the mixture out onto a baking pan.
- Sprinkle the chopped Andes mints over the top of the chex mix.
- Melt the candy melts in a small bowl according to the package directions.
- Use a spoon to drizzle the candy melts over the top of the chex mix. Let candy melts set before enjoying.
1 1/2 cups andes mints
4 TBS butter
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar