Cookie Dough Stuffed Pretzels are the perfect sweet and salty treat, with eggless cookie dough stuffed in the middle of two salty and crunchy pretzels, and all dipped in chocolate!
I can’t stop making treats with cookie dough. #SorryNotSorry 😉 So I hope you guys love it as much as I do. Edible cookie dough is egg free and delicious to eat on its own. I mean, who doesn’t love cookie dough straight from the bowl? Cookie dough is SO good and perfect in these cookie dough stuffed pretzels too.
These pretzel bites are the perfect little bite sized treat. And so easy to make too. They’re a delicious no bake treat which is perfect for the summer, because I can’t be alone in thinking its so dang hot outside and I want to keep my house as cool as possible.
First, all you need to do is make a batch of eggless chocolate chip cookie dough. Roll the cookie dough into little balls. Top a pretzel with a cookie dough ball, then squish it down with a second mini pretzel on top. Chill them for a few minutes to get them nice and stuck together and now its time to dip them in chocolate! Melt up some chocolate in the microwave and then dunk them on in. Dunking them half way is best because it makes the dunking a lot easier for you, so you can hold on to the other half while you dip them. You can top them with sprinkles if you want to, or drizzle a little white chocolate over the top.
Let the chocolate harden a bit, I usually keep them in the fridge because I like the crunch it gives the chocolate. Plus your chocolate will harden a lot quicker in the fridge. Now you’re ready to dig in.
If you can handle not eating the whole batch at once, they’ll stay good in the fridge for a few days. I let them harden on a cookie sheet, then place them all in a bag to save on space and to keep them good.
This recipe makes about 24 of these babies, but can easily be cut in half if you only want a few, or doubled if you need extra for a party.
They are the perfect sweet and salty treat! And who doesn’t love salty and sweet? They also have the perfect texture from the soft cookie dough and the crunchy pretzels – I promise you won’t be able to eat just one!
Cookie Dough Stuffed Pretzels
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 TBS white sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 TBS milk
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 48 mini pretzels
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- In a medium sized bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth.
- Stir in the vanilla and milk.
- Add in the flour, and salt and mix together till everything has the texture of cookie dough. (Add in more milk or flour as needed.)
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Roll the cookie dough into balls, about 2 tsp in size.
- Place one ball on top of a pretzel. Sandwich the cookie dough with another pretzel on top. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment or a silicone liner.
- Place pan in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small bowl for about 60 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Dip the prepared pretzels half way into the melted chocolate and then back onto the baking sheet.
- Top with sprinkles if desired, or melted white chocolate.
- Place pan in the fridge to allow chocolate to set.
- Enjoy. Leftover pretzel bites can be stored in an airtight container for 4-5 days in the fridge.